Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cajun Jam 2008 is set

Many of you remember that Cajun Boy and I started working on a Cajun Jam for this year that fizzled out. The two big problems we faced were a.) nice, roomy and cheap accommodations where we could open up amps AND be near some fun stuff to do outside of jamming, plus b.) adequate lead time for out-of-towners to plan accordingly.

Today, I was able to secure a venue that meets all parameters and you have over 10 months lead time.

I have booked the group lodge at Tickfaw State Park in south Louisiana for Friday, April 4, through Sunday, April 6, 2008. It sleeps up to 50 people comfortably, with parking for up to 28 vehicles should a bunch of you turn road warriors.

It's a nice lodge and demand is high. I was able to get the only open weekend in March, April or May of next year, so none of that "can we do it the week of yada yada" - it's a done deal and it ain't changing. You got the lead time you wanted, fix your schedule LOL

The lodge is about 35 minutes from the New Orleans airport and I'll be running shuttles so you won't need transportation if you fly in. The lodge is rural enough for us to jam at reasonable volumes with a drummer. Cajun Boy and Foodermon will cater the weekend with an authentic Louisiana menu, so if you leave hungry it's your own fault.

We will be close enough to make a run into to New Orleans to enjoy a little nightlife. We will also be just a few minutes from a marina on Tickfaw River, meaning we'll be able to launch Cajun Boy's boat and enjoy drunk bikini-clad babes on bass boats.

Depending on turnout, the accommodations will cost as little as $8 per person for the weekend.

More details later, considering we got plenty of time to plan. Just pen the dates on your calendars now because that's a done deal.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one sounds REALLY good...

We will also be just a few minutes from a marina on Tickfaw River, meaning we'll be able to launch Cajun Boy's boat and enjoy drunk bikini-clad babes on bass boats.

That's the clincher, right there. Sounds stellar.

I have BruceM coming over that weekend, I'll try to convince him to re-schedule his agenda.

I WANT TO COME OVER !!!!!!

FYI, the Abita brewery, its on-site hospitality room and the Abita Brew Pub are only 40 minutes from the lodge. Both the hospitality room and the pub offer specialty brews not available in stores. I know the brewmaster there - in addition to a brewery tour and hospitality room pitstop, I may be able to sneak off a keg or two of something special for the lodge. How's that for recruiting Belgian and other HFC'ers from across the pond?

AFYI, me and Kajun Kelly are planning to bring the portastudio, the mastering components and the dupe equipment to the lodge. We will be able to record the jamming plus do punches, doubles, edits, etc. We will be able to create a master and burn CDs on-site, so everyone will get a parting gift so to speak.

Cajun Boy, fooder and I have plenty of fun surprises planned for you guys too.

I know the brewmaster there - in addition to a brewery tour and hospitality room pitstop, I may be able to sneak off a keg or two of something special for the lodge. How's that for recruiting Belgian and other HFC'ers from across the pond?

Countdown starts here right now, 10 and a half months to go...... :unsure:

Now to decide whether I fly or turn this into a road trip............ :unsure:

Was thinking the same thing.....

My son has a 15 passenger van (for his band) but I may be available to borrow it with sufficient bribery. Pop out a couple of rows of seats for guitars, coolers, and luggage and we'd be good to go.

Flying might be significantly cheaper by then, but who knows. It's a long way off.

You'd have to be insane to drive it when the plane ride is so cheap (and gas is so expensive).

I'm all for a good road trip, but there are PLENTY of great places to spend your money in N'awlans.

Spend your time there. They could use the tourism dollars as well.

If needed I'll swim !

Yeah, well you better leave the wife back at the park when we launch the boat and visit the The Prop Stop.

On Tickfaw River, waterfront bar accessible only by boat. Very nice eye candy.

Check out the slide show

Yummy! :lol:

Maybe she and the other wives can go visit Chocolate City. That's down there somewhere, right? :unsure:

Guest Meshuggah

You'd have to be insane to drive it when the plane ride is so cheap (and gas is so expensive).

I'm all for a good road trip, but there are PLENTY of great places to spend your money in N'awlans.

Plan is to minivan South to Atlanta, overnight Peach State straight to NOLA, fly the wife.

Hitchikers we love long time

Plan is to minivan South to Atlanta, overnight Peach State straight to NOLA, fly the wife.

Hitchikers we love long time

I know who I'm ridin' wif. :lol:

Archived