Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Grade this for me please

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pickups are stock but missing covers. Case is not what I have seen these in but close, so who knows - it is a bit sturdier than the other Ibanez cases from the same era. Wiring is all stock, so the only real issue from a collectors standpoint is the finish damage, and it is pretty good looking from the front. The rest is a bummer, though. Z

The '75s had blue lined cases-the later ones had green lining.

Well, if I may. Obviously not pristine we already know that and you should get some refund of course.

But... we do not know one very important thing - PRICE PAID. Now the price woud be the key element. If someone offers you '72 strat in pristine condition for 800, and if that someone is a 90 year old blind pregnant lady, then you might get a good deal.

But if you buy from a guy who knows guitars , then there's something wrong with that. I just want to step aside a bit and say this - If you paid $2000 ( and that's what mint would cost, as I paid for my mint scruggs $2100 which is even more rare) then you paid way too much. If you paid somewhere 1200 +/- i'd say good price. If you paid less than a grand enjoy the guitar, there are not many guitars that play like an old Ibanez. Take it from the guy who still owns all possible Iba LP's and Artist from 70's. But I guess we'll never know what the price was :lol::unsure:

BTW, since you are to spend a lifetime with it, get a can of clear coat, possibly nitrocel. ( I think that's what they used on those German Ash made guitars) and put one drop at the time on the dings, when it dries, send/polish it. Might wanna get a laquer softener from stewmac, soften the edges and it'll blend perfectly

But on the general issue - of course, misrepresented.

BTW, since you are to spend a lifetime with it, get a can of clear coat, possibly nitrocel. ( I think that's what they used on those German Ash made guitars) and put one drop at the time on the dings, when it dries, send/polish it. Might wanna get a laquer softener from stewmac, soften the edges and it'll blend perfectly

Fuck that.

Ram the guitar up the seller's ass sideways.

Fuck that.

Ram the guitar up the seller's ass sideways.

Before you do that just take the hardware out, you might damage the large intestine

Damaging the seller's large intestine is part of the point of ramming the guitar up his ass sideways.

I think he has that coming to him at the very least.

Enjoy your new guitar!! I did when I owned it!!

Looks like you actually got a good deal on it. That guitar sounds amazing. I apologize for using the terms mint and pristine, I must have been thinking about this hot chick I was banging :)

BTW, the $2600 guitar may look better, but I guaran- Fucking- tee you it does not sound nearly as good, because it has not been played. Does a guitar sound good because its been played, or has it been played alot because it sounds good?

Probably both.More likely the former.

I've owned hundreds of guitars, clean examples and rough ones, and the rough ones were always my favorite because they were the best sounding and playing.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Here's reality for all you so called value experts-

A guitar( or Widget, for that matter) is worth X amount to Buyer Y because of factor Z. Is this item easily obtainable? Are there many for sale? Do they come up often? Were very many made? What makes this unique?(ie, features, serial number or lack thereof,celebrity owned,etc...)

I buy what I want when I want it becasue I WANT it, period.I don't wait 5-10 years because I know that things will be very different then. There is an intrinsic value,a projected value, a real wholesale value, and an end user value for everything.

Are you going to play it? Collect it? Or sell it for profit? Or just look at it?

I hope you enjoy this guitar, it's one of the good ones!!

When and if you sell it, I'm sure you'll make a decent profit, because in a few years, this guitar will be made from unobtanium!!

Anybody that has dealt with me knows I'm easy to work with. As for the assfucking solution Kizanski, I say thats not one of the options I gave Zoner!!

RickDestroyer.jpg

See how happy I was when I bought the guitar on my birthday!!! :D

Maybe some of you guys might try being happy once in a while :)

Just for the record, an agreement has been reached and I am satisfied with the results, especially since it is indeed a killer guitar. My intention was to solicit objective "condition grading" and whatever came with it was improvised. I wanted to be smiling like the pic - but couldn't due to issues already discussed here. End of story as far as I'm concerned and not a single bad feeling about it, and I am, in fact, happy. Z

BTW, I would have been forced to pass on the Kiz solution even if offered - that's no way to treat a fine musical instrument OR a colon.

I'm glad everyone is happy, that was my intention whenever I buy or sell something.

Now make me happy and buy my BCRich ( thats where BCR got his name,from my guitar,it;s true!)

Actually, if anyone that has done biz with me wants this guitar, I will sell it for $700 plus shipping.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/juicy...troyerBichAsat/

Can we all just get along and sing KumbaYa ?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Here's reality for all you so called value experts-

A guitar( or Widget, for that matter) is worth X amount to Buyer Y because of factor Z. Is this item easily obtainable? Are there many for sale? Do they come up often? Were very many made? What makes this unique?(ie, features, serial number or lack thereof,celebrity owned,etc...)

Anybody that has dealt with me knows I'm easy to work with. As for the assfucking solution Kizanski, I say thats not one of the options I gave Zoner!!

He didn't ask what it was worth, he asked for a grade on condition. I wasn't alone in my opinion that it was at best a 5 out of 10.

Sorry if you don't like my take on it, but going on what he posted (the description vs. the actual condition - "pristine" and "mint"...???), the seller deserved to have it rammed up his ass.

If that seller is you, oh well...

I'm glad for Zoner's sake you made good on the deal, however.

Coming to the party late on this one, but gotta agree with Kiz on this one. Why? Well, I may be wrong, (but I don't think I am); Zoner may not be the first one who's had a disconnect between a description and the actual condition of a guitar purchased from sonic. Glad to see you got something worked out though - I just chose to move the guitar I received.

You know guys, I have been buying and selling guitars for 25 years, not as a dealer but as an enthusiast.

I'm a guy with integrity, lots of it, and I have a problem with alot of the stuff you guys have been saying.

I have made alot of deals on this board, and everyone, to my knowledge, has been satisfied, both buying and selling stuff.

It's also known that I have an open invitation to any HFC guys that want to come by my studio and jam or just hang, talk guitars or drink beer .

If there's anyone on this board that has a problem with any deal they have made with me,

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT CONTACT ME DIRECTLY? My phone numbers, both home and cell, are always made available.

How about all the deals that were BETTER than described?

Don't here too much about that.

I was man enough to reveal I was the guy in question,give my word and stand by my deal, giving Zoner any option he wanted, including full refund. I told him, do some research, tell me what you want to do, no worries.

Well, it looks like he got a great deal, was very satisfied, and I'm getting trashed on your silly little board, because some of you( you know who are, and we all do, too) are some whiny ass bitches( Zoner, I'm NOT talking about you).

And then for Chewie to come late to the party( is that what you call bashing someones rep, a party?)

and say Zoner may not be the only one to blah blah blah, thats bullshit.

I'm really glad I don't play much guitar anymore, motorcycles and motorcycle people are, for the most part, way cooler and laid back,

So.......

Enjoy your weekend.

ps- I have to say that BCR Greg ( and of course BTMN!!) are the coolest people on this board, and children, you're lucky that BCR doesn't tell you what he really, REALLY, thinks about some of your bullshit, it's really kind of pathetic.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add-

Kizanski, go fuck yourself!!!

I'd been meaning to tell you that for a long fucking time.

OK, now I feel better, going for a motorcycle ride...

If I get banned by the mods for saying this, I will cry and stamp my feet until I get what I want!!!

Actually, it's really kind of pathetic in a gross fat girl kinda way, but I've actually fucked a few sweet fat girls, so maybe this is is not so bad.

I say, lets make this the thread of the year, and everybody bash anyone they want to or need to and we can clear the air.

I'm still pissed about that guy in middle school who stole my girl!

Simple question:

Why did you lie about the condition of the guitar?

:ph34r:

Where has anyone stated anything less than factual aside from the seller? The guy bought a guitar labeled as both mint and pristine when it was clearly nowhere near either of those terms. Coming to an equitable solution is great, but I don't see any good defense for using those terms. I can't imagine anyone not being upset at receiving the guitar in those photos and trying to sort out a 'mint and pristine' explanation. There may be other fluff in this thread, but how could one not question the credibility of that description?

RickDestroyer.jpg

Actually, after further examination, I'm going to suggest that it's entirely possible that sonicblue1960 didn't say the guitar was "mint."

Instead, it could have been his ventriloquist.

Archived