Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Fill in the Blank!

Listening to some vintage live Stones on the ipod, it brought to mind... that album cost me some money!

I heard "Get Yer Ya'-Ya's Out" and went out and bought an Ampeg V4 and a Gibson.

I wanted an SG, but only had enough cash for a Marauder (this was back in 1975, folks! The Maurauder was $175 new!) Still love the tones on that album! (Still have the V4 and the Marauder!) Mick Taylor and Keith playing SG and LP...absolute peak Stones.

That was my first "real" guitar and amp, and that's how I ended up with it.

Ever stop to think about why you have the gear you do?

i too, have always liked the tones on that album....especially Midnight Rambler...

as for the thread subject, the closest i've come is, since i love SRV, i've gone thru several Strats trying to find one that works for me...finally settled on the John Mayer Siggy Strat...

I heard (saw) Springsteen and went out a bought a Tele (same color back in 1981 or 1982).

Of course I realize that Springsteen's "tone" is nothing to write home about, but I wanted to be him. (still do)

Guest Meshuggah

I heard Paults play and went out and bought a gun.

I heard my college roomate and his girlfriend and went out and bought hand lotion and a Playboy.

I heard KISS and went out and bought a bunch of KISS T-shirts, KISS belt buckles, KISS trading cards, KISS posters, KISS songbooks, KISS guitars, KISS furniture, KISS farm implements, KISS vacuum cleaners, KISS wading pools, KISS health insurance, KISS tires, KISS handtrucks, KISS cola, KISS bubble wrap, KISS doorknobs, and then I bought my second KISS album.

I heard KISS and went out and bought a bunch of KISS T-shirts, KISS belt buckles, KISS trading cards, KISS posters, KISS songbooks, KISS guitars, KISS furniture, KISS farm implements, KISS vacuum cleaners, KISS wading pools, KISS health insurance, KISS tires, KISS handtrucks, KISS cola, KISS bubble wrap, KISS doorknobs, and then I bought my second KISS album.

YOU'RE a KISS fan?

:ph34r:

I did end up with a Cherry Sunburst LP Custom as my first good guitar, largely due to staring at the "Alive II" gatefold during my formative years. Come to think of it, I also finally got a Paul Stanley model when they were tough to find (before the regular reissue run in the mid-90s), but that was kind of a letdown, so I sold that after a few years.

Still have the pinball machine though...

To the original question, saw "At Budokan" and got hooked on Hamers. I'm still trying to calculate the damages there!

I saw REM in the mid-80s and bought a black Ric 360/12. That was a cool one.

Was blown away by Danny Gatton in '91/'92 and bought an old Esquire ('62). When I bought that, I had been seriously looking over a real early autographed gold metallic Danny Gatton CS model, but passed on it. He killed himself a few months after that, sadly.

sabs = 2 SG's.

brad gillis = kahler installed on 2nd SG.

r.a.t.m. = whammy pedal.

all that was decades ago,

all my gear purchases in the last ~15-20 years

was influenced by my ears or reviews/recommendations.

KISS makes albums???

:ph34r:

Yes...big Kiss fan (not as much as the old days before I knew that Gene was...Gene). I've wanted a cherry sunburst LP like Ace Frehley's for years, but never bought one. But my mother has one (80s vintage, before you get too excited).

Alan

GNR = Les Paul

Johnny Thunders = '57 TV LP Junior.

Uncle Rick = Hamers.

Myself = earplugs

I heard Rush's "Spirit of Radio" and went out and bought a wah.

I saw Billy Idol on MTV with Steve Stevens soloing on Rebel Yell. I went out and bought my first Hamer :ph34r:

Archived