Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Like '59 LP Specials?

Ouch.

The "sing to Jesus" part reminds me of when I was hanging out at the local music store about 10 years ago. A little old man & his wife came in & traded a '61 LP Junior (SG body). He proudly proclaimed that only "Sanctified music" had ever been played on it.

Soon as he was gone, I played every Sabbath riff I could think of with it.

I'm SOOOOOOOOO goin' to hell.

I'm feeling ill...

That's straight out the medieval blacksmith school of guitar repair and lutheire'. That's probably worse then the home made weight relief with drill press action I've seen done on a vintage LPs before. Is that better than a long neck tenon for sustain?

Good Lord. Is it that difficult to type the words "to be"?

"The guitar's nut needs replaced" ?????

No, dipshit, the nut needs TO BE replaced. It's called English and it's a language taught in most schools here in the United States.

I suppose the guitar is very "resonate" too.

Prolly.

BTW, nice paint job.

Edited to clarify that my use of the term "dipshit" is directed toward the seller, not vockins.

I heard that it's Zakk Wylde's new custom model from Gibson. Reliced and ready to r.a.w.k.

Guest Meshuggah

Looks like BCR Greg has some work to do.

My first thought as well. We should pitch in, buy it, have Greg fix it. Then throw it off his building. No wait. Auction it for the HFC server fund. No wait. Get another in good shape and display them as before and after versions. No wait.

Changes my idea of a 'Frankenstein-guitar' forever!

But I'm sure there's got to be some kind of S'n M / right out of hell / dark side of everything string slinger that might enjoy this!

Looks like BCR Greg has some work to do.

Better yet-- Buy the guitar and then eBay it again with a line or two about how the guitar was expertly repaired by Greg Platzer. :lol::o:D:D:o:o

The price on that guitar is going to be stupidly high for such a trashed piece of junk. I guess it has an old but stable repair. :o

No, dipshit, the nut needs TO BE replaced. It's called English and it's a language taught in most schools here in the United States.

THANK YOU, BadgerDave. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with my students (along with apostrophe abuse). I've taken to calling Central Pennsyltucky the land of the Shakespearean question-"to be or not to be". Of course it's TO BE, you FuKK! This needs done, this needs fixed, this needs replaced-WTF?!

No-you need to speak the freaking language! :lol:

THANK YOU, BadgerDave. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with my students (along with apostrophe abuse). I've taken to calling Central Pennsyltucky the land of the Shakespearean question-"to be or not to be". Of course it's TO BE, you FuKK! This needs done, this needs fixed, this needs replaced-WTF?!

No-you need to speak the freaking language! :lol:

Ha! My sister lives in Ohio and hears that all the time. She's made sure her daughters use all the words they need when they speak. It's a pet peve of mine too. When I hear someone say something like, "The car needs washed" it freaks me out! :o

I saw this auction a couple of days ago, now I have that monstrosity in my head again...

One of the guys on another forum pointed out that the neck contraption is a great truss rod alternative...if you are suffering from backbow, just loosen those turnbuckle thingies a little and voila! LOL

At least the seller doesn't call it "all original" and "near mint."

We need to celebrate the victories in life as well.

Archived