Musical guilty pleasures

I would have to say the first Motley Crue album

Some of that stuff like Merry Go round and too fast

for love is really CHEEZY but I'm somehow attracted

to it like a bad car accident... I used to play in a punk

band and in the mid 80's it wasn't as cool to like both

punk and metal so I had to hide the fact that I really

liked that album.

I also really liked that Bon jovi song, it's my life...

not really into Bon Jovi but that's a good tune...

In the words of Elduave to Ted...

"Take it easy on me..."

Actually, LRB is not MY "guilty pleasure", but that cracks me up every time I hear it.

I'm more apt to admit to dropping cheezy 70s pop stuff in every now and then (Bay City Rollers, Stevie Wonder, ABBA, etc.), but that's more for kicks and to make my lovely wife happy.

Every now and then, some real 70s funk/disco comes on VH-1 Classics and it KILLS me. Still think that Hot Chocolate's "Every 1's a Winner" has an unbelievable riff!

Buck Owens (Don Rich period) and Depeche Mode are two of my guilty pleasures I don't tell a lot of people about.

I got the soundtrack to "West Side Story" for my birthday. Great music.

+1 on West Side Story. I got the original vinyl somewhere in storage. My Grandmother gave it to me years ago. You're right, that is some great music.

Buck Owens (Don Rich period) and Depeche Mode are two of my guilty pleasures I don't tell a lot of people about.

Once again why guilty about Buck, esp. w/ Don? He was a bad mofo.

My metal head buddies tend to razz me about the "Buck Fixation" and the fact I've seen Dwight Yoakum in concert 10+ times. LOL

My metal head buddies tend to razz me about the "Buck Fixation" and the fact I've seen Dwight Yoakum in concert 10+ times. LOL

Hey, I'll put Don and Pete Anderson up against the metal dudes any day of the week.

Every now and then, some real 70s funk/disco comes on VH-1 Classics and it KILLS me. Still think that Hot Chocolate's "Every 1's a Winner" has an unbelievable riff!

Also "You Sexy Thing" :lol:

And those "Buena Vista Social Club" old Cuban songs.

Archived