Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pete Townshend was here.

69SGSpecialWreck2.jpg

69SGSpecialWreck.jpg

Think I can fix it?

It's a 1969 SG Special that was Grovered and Towshened. Thrusting an SG into a wall of Marshalls causes structural weaknesses to become exploited. A fella has had it in this condition since the early 70's. Like a fool, I bought it today. I have two weeks of vacation to figure out whatdefug I am going to do to save it.

Why do I do this to myself?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Eagleye1

69SGSpecialWreck2.jpg

69SGSpecialWreck.jpg

Think I can fix it?

It's a 1969 SG Special that was Grovered and Towshened. Thrusting an SG into a wall of Marshalls causes structural weaknesses to become exploited. A fella has had it in this condition since the early 70's. Like a fool, I bought it today. I have two weeks of vacation to figure out whatdefug I am going to do to save it.

Why do I do this to myself? TWO WORDS....STEWART McDONALD but I'm sure a custom guitar man like yourself knows about them. I would toss the neck and get a blank from stew-mac and trace out the headstock on the blank head. The rest is a piece of cake. Hell of a project.

Good Luck...................Eagleye1

If you fix it you know you will have a great guitar better than when new.

I am curious about the P90's and if they are the old narly sounding gibby's. If so then that thing will be a rock monster.

Aaaaahhhh - after being into Who Live at Leeds again the last couple of weeks, this is just what the doctor ordered - eeeemmm - once it's fixed.

BTW: You CAN do it !

Man, with all that exposed truss rod channel, you got your work cut out for you. But I got this feelin' it's gonna be bad-ass by the time you're done with it. And it will sound better than original too.

I don't want to be even around Greg when he works on this one.... Greg I got three words for you..... OFF THE ROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any chance that is from Woodstock? Amazing piece of history....beats the shit out of one of KISS's Marauders.

The Woodstock guitar got tossed into the audience still in one piece.

My cousin was stading in the area when Pete tossed it to the crowd. He said the guitar "changed hands" several times - lol.

Any chance that is from Woodstock? Amazing piece of history....beats the shit out of one of KISS's Marauders.

The Woodstock guitar got tossed into the audience still in one piece.

My cousin was stading in the area when Pete tossed it to the crowd. He said the guitar "changed hands" several times - lol.

Oh well, I couldn't recall...

Abbie Hoffman's head imprint should make an easy ID for he Woodstock SG. :rolleyes:

So can someone clarify...was that actually a Pete smasheroo guitar?

If so, anyone other than Kiz getting the Greg-repaired product would be just plain wrong.

I'm doubtful it was actually Pete's, but I think the term "Townshend" was used just to classify the destruction of the instrument.

Archived