Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So who's in Phoenix?

Looks like I'm gonna be there on bizness middle of next month.

So who's there and what's there to occupy my free time musically/gear-wise?

Only me, plus a few thousand other convention delegates.

I know it's gonna be hot as all hell but I'm a lifelong Bayou State resident, so I have some tolerance for miserable summer heat.

Only me, plus a few thousand other convention delegates.

I know it's gonna be hot as all hell but I'm a lifelong Bayou State resident, so I have some tolerance for miserable summer heat.

Besides, it's a dry heat. :D

Guest Meshuggah

Something to be said for that. I've cycled distance in Spain in 120 degree weather. The relative humidity was in the teens and water sprayed on you evaporated in a flash, cooling you. I had water bottles coming out of every pocket.

Last night at 9:20 p.m. we enjoyed the fireworks at Tempe Town Lake. 111°F. It's rough, but you kinda get used to it after that human temperature comfort module in your brain is finally killed (takes about one summer).

What kind of music do you like? Gear, not so much to see in the city, but I can probably dig up an entertainment calendar and list of ok clubs if you provide the dates.

More later.

~mitch

Scottsdale isn't to far from Phoenix I wonder if Fender has some sort of tour or museum available. I was in Phoenix in Jan. ( a much nicer time to be there considering what Ohio is like in Jan.) but was too busy to check on Fender.

Besides, it's a dry heat. :D

so's a blow torch.

Too bad you probably won't be able to drive down to Tucson. You could prowl around Chicago Music, that place is a trip. And eat at Cafe Poca Cosa, the best restaurant in the United States, IMNSHO.

http://pocacosatucson.com/

Phoenix here. Where will you be staying? It's a big town.

Music Stores: GC- Scottsdale, GC- Phoenix, GC-Tempe, and GC in Avondale. Then there's Bizarre Guitar downtown, probably the best selection of guitars in town. Sam Ash in NW Phoenix, Milano Music in Mesa, and a handful of smaller music stores..

Did you want live music? If so, what type / style? Cover bands or original?

Cool music theme restaurants, Hard Rock Cafe and Alice Cooperstown, both close together in downtown central Phoenix.

Concert venues, Cricket Pavillion, Dodge Theatre, Celebrity Theatre, Glendale Arena and a couple others.

That's what I like about living here!

I'll be in Scottsdale if it all comes together. I always travel with a rental car and distance/first-time-visitor-finding-his-way-around issues are not a problem (just ask Rechts).

I plan to hit Bizarre at some point. I used to have a Bizarre prepro Charvel parts guitar many moons ago.

Musical preference is hard rock. Are there a lot of "tribute" bands in Phoenix?

110 in Phoenix will be a walk in the park for Reeeeeeshard. I'll take 110 in Phoenix over 100 on the Bayou any friggin day of the week.

Yea I was thining the same thing.

It IS a different kind of heat, though. The August heat & humidity in Louisiana is miserable, but the first time I was in Vegas, the Sun hit me and I thought my skin was in fire.

Dry heat my ass.

Guest Meshuggah
It IS a different kind of heat, though. The August heat & humidity in Louisiana is miserable, but the first time I was in Vegas, the Sun hit me and I thought my skin was in fire.

How's your garlic tolerance these days?

Trouble sleeping at night?

It's hard to get any studying done in there. The few times I've gone those waitresses in their skimpy schoolgirl outfits have hopped up on the bar and started dancing. Really distracting.

All of Mill Ave is pretty cool if you're into the drunken college girl thing. The main drag in Scottsdale is good for the drunken rich chick silicone/collagen scene.

You like flamenco at all? A decent restaurant with an amateur flamenco show every weekend is Pepin in Scottsdale. Depending on the night, there is another pseudo-flamenco troupe that plays the Hyatt Gainey Ranch resort, which is very nice. You may know it as the launching pad of my classical guitar hero, Esteban.

We'll dig up some real rock for you...

I detect a pattern ... "skimpy school girl outfits" and "skimpy nurse's uniform."

Note to self: Google "Phoenix skimpy" and jot detailed notes LOL

Pollstar.com is great for show info. anywhere in the world. Some Phoenix/surrounding area rock-shows mid-August:

Mon 08/13/07 Daughtry Jobing.com Arena

Glendale,AZ

Mon 08/13/07 Nickelback Jobing.com Arena

Glendale,AZ

Mon 08/13/07 Puddle Of Mudd Jobing.com Arena

Glendale,AZ

Wed 08/15/07 Poison Dodge Theatre

Phoenix,AZ

Wed 08/15/07 Ratt Dodge Theatre

Phoenix,AZ

Fri 08/17/07 Zappa Plays Zappa Dodge Theatre

Phoenix,AZ