Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Eagleye1 flys away for good

Guest Eagleye1

Guest Eagleye1

I joined this group in the hopes of interacting with other players and learning from the experience. What I found was a very "Clicky" group that has an Elite group of few that seems too good for everyone else. I won't take up space anymore. have fun Guys...................Eagleye

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered why some people find the need to inform you that they don't like it here, so they're leaving.

Just leave and be done with it.

No one would notice, but I guess that's the point of the statement beforehand.

I think we need to impose a new rule.

No Waterloo speeches unless you've actually established a presence on the board.

:D

5 posts/1 month in?

is that enough time to hack someone off?

Yeah, maybe an introduction thread and join in on a few so we know you are a good dude.

Who the Fukk is this cherry?! :D

I've never even seen a post from 'im (or her). Considering that all five posts have been one June 27, two June 28, one June 30 and this one, unless Mindseye chased him away by actually welcoming him aboard, I don't get it.

Oh, and it's "flies away for good" :P I'm a crap elitist spelling Nazi. :D

Guest pirateflynn

What I found was a very "Clicky" group that has an Elite group of few that seems too good for everyone else.

We have all heard this before and sometimes from guys who have been around here for a long time. Maybe Eagleye1 is cranky or maybe he is very perceptive.

But one thing is for sure, he is mistaken. Those few only think they are better than everybody else! lol

Oh, and it's "cliquish," not "clicky," you crap elitist spelling Nazi moron. :D

Guest Meshuggah

I blame the DMV. Ever since they did away with the parallel parking part of the driver's license test, things have just gone downhill.

Who the Fukk is this cherry?! :D

I've never even seen a post from 'im (or her). Considering that all five posts have been one June 27, two June 28, one June 30 and this one, unless Mindseye chased him away by actually welcoming him aboard, I don't get it.

lol .........my plan is to run every "new guy" off with kindness!

one down!

A smallish number of guys do the majority of the posting but don't take that to mean that other voices aren't welcome. I think there is a lot of joking around and sarcasm that goes on and it's easy to misinterpret unless you stick around long enough. Also if you had ever had the chance to meet anybody from the board in person you would likely discover that 99.9% of them are great people with a real passion for music.

I joined this group in the hopes of interacting with other players and learning from the experience. What I found was a very "Clicky" group that has an Elite group of few that seems too good for everyone else. I won't take up space anymore. have fun Guys...................Eagleye

Hey Matthes, I thought you were on top of squelching any accounts established via proxy server. Looks like this one slipped past the goalie.

This is an obvious troll to me. Although, if you're a member of The Gear Page, go to The Pub and ask someone to tell you about Hawk. Classic stuff.

And here's a newsflash. ALL internet forums are cliquey. If they weren't, you wouldn't be able to find variations of this all over the web:

stfunoob.jpg

Forums like the HFC are very much like those darkened corner bars that when you walk into them the first time, everyone immediately stops what they're doing and looks you over. So what do you do in that situation? Throw a fit that the place is cliquey? That's a one-way ticket to ending up in a crumpled pile out back behind the dumpster. Try to get the feel of the place instead and you might find yourself becoming a regular.

Nice goin' guys! Way to be all "clicky" and stuff! :D

Gee Eagledude, we hardly knew ya! 5 posts - 3 about how you can't post pictures and you're done. Wow. We've had trolls that stuck around longer; at least until the Troll-Patrol clique ganged up and ran them out of Dodge. It's not a pretty sight. Actually, the problem with your presumption of our aloof nature is that all of the elitist leadership is on vacation right now. Being a cold-hearted bastard takes energy and every so often, you gotta' recharge the batteries. The rest of us lemmings don't know whether to say "welcome" or just piss in your cornflakes, figuratively speaking. It's so slow around here that we're engaging threads about how we like Hamer, but maybe they don't really like us. Now you don't like us either.

I'm just sorry Mattson's missing all this. He's so good with cranky newbies.

Sorry Chris...the goalie's still in the game.

I didn't approve that one - I believe he went to somebody else for that!

I'm kind of puzzled, since the only complaint or request ever posted was that he couldn't get pictures to upload. That, and he asked questions about his '82 Special and maybe didn't get an immediate response or something? Help me here, I'm lost...

Archived