Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmatthes

Wow! The copy market is apparently taking off!

Koa Mockingbird copy

0cbe_1.JPG

I know these are nice, and they're rare as hen's teeth too, but original Mockingbirds were going for less than this the last time I checked!

:D

Koa? That stuff is INSANELY expensive now.

Fernandes have BCRich copies in his recent catalogue,they have this copies since late 70´s.... I was not aware Greco had these for salet but they have Zemaitis (expensives).

By looking the phot it´s similar to Fernandes ones and it makes sense because both brands had identical models back in the 80's(Fuji Gen made).

While I think that particular auction is WAY overpriced, the top end Tokai's are as good as it gets. I would put my 2003 LS-320 (which was the top model at that time) up against any Gibson R9. Yeah, it was pricey, but it was less than half of what a simlar R9 (with Brazillain Rosewood Fretboad) would have cost.

DSC03695.jpg

While I think that particular auction is WAY overpriced, the top end Tokai's are as good as it gets. I would put my 2003 LS-320 (which was the top model at that time) up against any Gibson R9. Yeah, it was pricey, but it was less than half of what a simlar R9 (with Brazillain Rosewood Fretboad) would have cost.

It **IS** waaaaay overpriced. Just saw a new one, still in the the wrapping paper and just out of the box, on Saturday. $3,114 plus about $200 shipping. Too bad they (the store) can't ship to the U.S.

Guest Meshuggah

DSC03695.jpg

Dayum! That's all, just dayum!

Oh, and noyce! That's all. Noyce!

It **IS** waaaaay overpriced. Just saw a new one, still in the the wrapping paper and just out of the box, on Saturday. $3,114 plus about $200 shipping. Too bad they (the store) can't ship to the U.S.

The store couldn't ship it but could you ship it to the states? NOt that I'm in any position to buy but I was curious about that.

The store couldn't ship it but could you ship it to the states? NOt that I'm in any position to buy but I was curious about that.

That's kind of a hassle.

Not trying to be a dick, but....

I could ship one, but I won't.

I could ship one, but the guitar's fate would be the same - not delivered. Not a good situation for anybody.

They are copies, and would be dealt with as copies by U.S. customs. How they know these things boggles my mind :D I mean, wouldn't that be a decent job for working musician who hasn't quite made the big time yet so they need a day job? "U.S. Customs Musical Instrument Inspector."

The one I saw Saturday is bound for England. Repeat customer. He also has a Tokai 335 copy (new).

Not trying to be a dick, but....

I could ship one, but I won't.

I could ship one, but the guitar's fate would be the same - not delivered. Not a good situation for anybody.

They are copies, and would be dealt with as copies by U.S. customs. How they know these things boggles my mind :D I mean, wouldn't that be a decent job for working musician who hasn't quite made the big time yet so they need a day job? "U.S. Customs Musical Instrument Inspector."

The one I saw Saturday is bound for England. Repeat customer. He also has a Tokai 335 copy (new).

I've purchased several guitars from Japan, some new, some used without incident. The 3 Tokais that I have now all came from US sellers, but I've not heard of anyone not receiving a guitar that was shipped from Japan because they were denied at customs. I'm not saying that it hasn't happened, just that I haven't heard of it. I wonder how often it happens.

Now here's an LS-380 that (at least initially) is priced about right. The seller is well known over at the Tokai forum and I think he's well regarded. As far as I can tell, there are only 2 differences between the LS-380 and the LS-320; the pickups on the 380 are Rolph's instead of SD Seth Lovers and there is no fret edge binding on the 380. For the life of me I can't understand why Tokai would stop putting freedge binding on a guitar that is supposed to be historically accurate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1