Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's the record for longest USPS MO delivery?

I sent a money order to a fellow HFC'r through the US Postal Service on Wed., April 27th (9 days ago) and he still didn't get it. I live in MI and he lives in PA. That's only two states away, folks. I could have sent it Pony Express and it would have gotten there quicker.

So then I call the USPS to find out what to do if the MO gets lost and the guy tells me that if it is lost, I probably won't get my money back! WTF!?! I was just reading on their Web site about how safe and protected you are when you use the USPS MO. What kind of BS is that?

No wonder shootings always seem to happen at the post office.

Tell me your USPS horror stories, please. I need some soothing. Anybody ever have to file for a lost MO?

Never had that happen, but I once had a check overnighted to me (Express Mail) a walloping distance of 55 miles or so. It took 9 days to get that distance. Turns out it had gotten stuck behind the seat of the delivery truck.

Meantime, the check was replaced and when the original showed up, I whoaed up the driver and opened the cardboard envelope, showed him the check (it was a tidy sum, well into four figures) and tore it up in front of him and thanked him and USPS for such great service.

I raised hell all the way from my local branch postmaster up to Washngton DC over that.

All shipments I had trough USPS went really fast and well. I had some trouble (upcharging) with UPS and with BAX, those company's really nail (European) receivers. For my last BAX shipment they charged me 70 Euro on all different fees on a 200 $ valued shipment. They know if you want the shipment, you'll pay anyway. :lol:

Never had that happen, but I once had a check overnighted to me (Express Mail) a walloping distance of 55 miles or so.  It took 9 days to get that distance.  Turns out it had gotten stuck behind the seat of the delivery truck.

Thanks, Tom. I'm feeling better already :lol:

I doubt you'll be out the money. They'll probably make you wait 30 days to submit a claim though.

I once bought a guitar off Ebay. The chosen delivery was USPS. It seemed to go right from the USPS counter to a pawn shop near by. The sender had no tracking other than a stamped insurance receipt. 30 days later, when there was no guitar, the sender was able to initiate a claim. I finally got my money back, but it was an uncomfortable wait. The guitar appeared on Ebay, in another state, 6 months later. The seller was a dealer. I asked where he got the guitar, and explained it was "hot". He said a pawn shop that was very near that post office, LOL. I contacted the Postmaster and explained the situation, as I wanted to buy the guitar. He said since the sender did not submit a S/N on the insurance claim, that the USPS had no claims to the guitar, and that I could buy it free and clear from the dealer.

This really sucks I feel bad for Randy plus I need the money!

Ron,

So I guess that means nothing in the mail again today?

Well, maybe it's stuck in the seat of the delivery truck and they'll clean it out this weekend and find it (crosses fingers).

hey Elduave, make shure you have a tracking on my centaura !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey belgian, I thought you just picked up a centaura off of eBay? You like it so much that you're getting another?

Is your hair any longer? Any new tattooes? :lol:

I bought a stompbox on eBay a couple of months ago. It was shipped through USPS. I got this:

packagefailure.jpg

The seller gave me my money back and I filed an investigation with the post office. They called me a couple weeks later and told me that they believed it to have been one of the last things placed in a truck, and the trucks lift gate had cut the bottom of the box off. They said they believed that story because there were apparently unexplained electronic bits all around the truck by the time it got to its destination.

That was a fun one . . .

I'am getting balded already, I am 48, and it isn't getting better since I have to learn 2 of my daughters to learn to drive a car.

The Centaura I snapped on Ebay went to Elduave for a proper setup and cleaning. It's coming my way next week I guess.

I am already trying to learn some old Black Sabbath riffs, on the the the tattoos, I stick on my birthmarks, I have a real pentagram and a thirth nipple. :lol:

Randy

All day at work I felt so bad for you that I decided to ship the guitar anyhow and then I came home and saw your posting and felt worse. So it's now on the UPS truck ( I met the driver at Staples ) If we can't track down the MO we'll work something out. I'll email you the tracking #.

Guest Buck Dharma

I just shipped a Daytona from NJ to Oakland California and it took 8 days and cost $43. I will never do it again. I purchased tracking and it said picked up on the day I dropped it off and didn't change at all till it said delivered 8 days later. What a bunch of Morons those people were when I asked them to try and track it. Absolutely a waste of time. It did arrive OK but I was very worried for about three days.

Randy

All day at work I felt so bad for you that I decided to ship the guitar anyhow  and then I came home and saw your posting and felt worse. So it's now on the UPS truck ( I met the driver at Staples ) If we can't track down the MO we'll work something out. I'll email you the tracking #.

Anybody know how to nominate someone for sainthood?

Seriously though, Ron, I didn't expect you to do that at all, but thanks a million anyway. You have too good a heart.

The only thing is that now I am going to feel bad until you get your money in your pocket.

I am also sorry that my posting made you feel worse, for that was not my intention at all. I just wanted to vent my anger with the USPS, as well as hear some stories in order to calm me down and let me know that I am not alone in my frustration. Kinda like a support group for guys who got screwed by the USPS :lol:

We'll definitely work it out if the MO has vanished. You got Paypal? I will gladly pay the 3% upcharge just for the peace of mind.

C'mon guys, keep the stories a comin'. Let the healing begin!

I just shipped a Daytona from NJ to Oakland California and it took 8 days and cost $43. I will never do it again. I purchased tracking and it said picked up on the day I dropped it off and didn't change at all till it said delivered 8 days later. What a bunch of Morons those people were when I asked them to try and track it. Absolutely a waste of time. It did arrive OK but I was very worried for about three days.

Was that the USPS? Because UPS should have been much less and quicker.

Don't forget it took a month to Express mail a Valentine to my daughter in Florida and yes I had money in the card.

Don't rush paying Randy, lets see what the mail does.

And todays posting had no bearing I was sending the guitar today anyhow...and yes it's insured

Hey guys who are going postal,

I was reading your posting on USPS MO deliveries. That's too bad that some of you have had bad experiences with the USPS poor delivery service and customer service interaction. I usually buy certain items on E-bay. I print out my E-Bay receipt and envelope, buy a USPS money order (I don't to deal with Pay Pal) and send the letter via USPS Priority mail with a delivery confirmation number at the post office. My letter/money order payments arrive at the recipeint's place in two to three days. I usually pay around $4.35 per letter for this service. and .99 for the money order. I save my receipts and my extra E-bay receipts for my paperwork, in case anything happens.

I have not lost a money order payment yet!! Concerning shipping guitars, I instruct the sellers to ship my guitars via Federal Express ground service. They are cheaper than UPS ground service and have better claims handling should anything happen to your package. They take about a week for shipping depending on your location, but they have tracking on their website. You can ship a guitar with Federal Express ground service for under $30.00 which is much cheaper than the evil brown empire of UPS.

I bought a Hamer USA T-51 recently from an auction house on E-bay.I had my 1997 T-51 sent from the seller in Tulsa, OK to my residence in northern California and it arrived in a week after the seller received payment. I can say thanks to Federal Express ground service for their good handling and quick service.

So guys, my advice to you: USPS Priority mail ($4.35) and money orders (.99) for quick two to three day shipping to recipient. Federal Express ground service (under $30.00 depending on location and weight) for items sent to you. Usually arrives in one week. Good service, good handling, can be easily tracked on their website.

Guitar George

I sent a USPS PMO and it took 3 months to get into the owners hands.

Actually, it was stolen out of his mailbox, but never cashed. It was delivered on the same day that CA state income tax checks were being delivered. Some bozo came behind the mailman and stole ALL the mail from every box on the street. Apparently threw out all the non-CA state mail because my PMO was never cashed.

If you are convinced it will never make it there, you can get a refund (that guy is full of s*&t, not an uncommon thing with the USPS employees, unfortunately). There's a form/affadavit you have to fill out, along with your receipt. Unfortunately, you have to wait 60 days (or is it 90?) from the time you bought it until the time they will give you a refund.

Go to the USPS home page: Money Orders

Archived