Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who will never be without a Hamer, or only will play one?

Tough to say. I have no idea what direction they'll go in the future. But thinking about what I have. I like the DuoTone really well - I love the versatility. But I love the way the Centaura's fit in my hands and tones. I think that one is a keeper.

The archtop studio custom. Great guitar. But I'd be willing to part with it.

As for other brands, I can't rule them out. There are great builders out there.

Bought me a '79 Standard in December 1982, dont ever envision parting with it until a yet undetermined relative takes possession. :lol::P:P

Life IS Good! :D

Does it have to be a relative? How about someone who can spell "Hlubek"? Remember that you cannot pick your relatives, but you can pick your friends who pick guitars.

You could adopt me. B)

I have four Hamers that I consider heirloom guitars all of them custom orders but the one hamer that I treasure most is the 25th anniversary artist that My wife told me to get at the first Hamer Open House.

Speaking of heirlooms, is Junior playing the guitar he won yet?

Yepper He's had it out learning Green Day and having fun. I think he'll get a little more serious about it when he turns 13 and learns that guitars and girls go hand in hand. BTW just to make us all feel old he had his 12th birthday this past June.

I played my 81 Opaque Red Special from about 87-93 nearly exclusively (religiously?). I used to practice/play probably 1-2 hours per day, everyday. I morbidly fantasized that I would be someday "GOD FORBID" be buried with it. Why did I bond so much with this guitar??? I don't know. Today it sits in the closet merely as a collectors item. Even though I consider my 1987 Ibanez shredder at home as my go to guitar (IBZ pickups kick!), if my house were on fire and I had to pick one guitar, it would definitley be the Hamer.

I have about 14 guitars, six of them are Hamers. I also have four basses, one Hamer. There is no reason to part with them. I have a Charvel 750XL that doesn't get any playtime but I will keep it too. I am a bit lazy selling stuff but also there are many guitars I keep just for nostalgic reasons. All of my guitars (except for the Fender Strats and J-Basses) are not in production anymore. It is not that I can get those as fast anymore. I don't see myself buying any more Hamers in the near future (I am in a phase right now having GAS for several late-70's/early 80's Gibsons, and I also would like to get a Gibson J-185 EC model), all in all though I know that I don't need another guitar (except for a good acoustic). Once in a while I pull out one of my Steve Stevens or the FB, or the Chaps out of the case and I feel good to have all these guitars still (the green Cali still gets quite some playtime). Same with the amps, though I mostly play the Fender Prosonic, I still keep my Marshall 30th Anniversary amps (I wished they had reverb), I'd like a Rivera or a Mesa Mark IV. Otherwise, the amps I play do their job well. Since the lack of interest in live music in my area I focus mainly on home recording, there aren't even many players here I'd like to play with. Funny, many don't even know Hamer anymore.

As far as I feel today, my blueburst 84 Vector will always be with me!

I think my other guitars are jealous because my Archtop GT and Newport Pro are just about all that get played now.

I'm pretty much in "no more selling guitars" mode now but I'm definitely in "no selling Hamers" mode.

I won't sell mine..... LP's, Strats, PRS, they're all just "me too" guitars....perfectly good axes too, just too many guys think that it's the guitars that are cool.....not the sounds coming out of 'em.

I haven't found many guitars that can take a beating like mine either :lol: .

Man, I'd go hungry, petless, homeless & wifeless before I'd be Hamerless.

(not necessarily in that order either!)

"If the house burns down..."

Anyone that comes to my house and visits and if there is a fire while they are staying there, it is mandatory that you carry a minimum of 5 cases outside with you. I pitty the poor sonofabitch that walks out with 4. It will be hotter than hell to go back in the second time and bring out 6. None of this twoatatime crap.

Right Hamstd? Hangman knows.

I just have to keep Peter away from the matches. He is willing to help me carry a few out. He always wants to run a "Fire Drill". :lol:

Hamerica

I have other guitars than Hamer....quite a varity... i use each and everyone for specific sounds.... but for MY personal sound its always a Hamer and ther will always be Hamers in my house...hell its in my will that they all get burned and put in my urn with my ashes so no one else can ever play them....

Randy :lol:

Bought me a '79 Standard in December 1982, dont ever envision parting with it until a yet undetermined relative takes possession. :lol:B):D

So Gene...I mean Dad, just remember I'm your favorite son :P

Bought me a '79 Standard in December 1982, dont ever envision parting with it until a yet undetermined relative takes possession. :lol:B):D

So Gene...I mean Dad, just remember I'm your favorite son :P

Gene, who was it that made a point of saying hello in person at a Cheap Trick show when I came to Florida? Certainly not the evil twin guy.

Does being your bitch count as being a relative?

I have five Hamers from 1978 to 1981. They all sound different but they are all great. I also own (and owned) some of the finest vintage stuff you can imagine.

But the keepers in my collection are my 79 Anniversary Strat which i bought in 1982 and a Strat made by Andy Schack which is approx. 24 years old.

Both guitars are completely beaten but still in good playing shape. Both sound at least for me absolutely fantastic. I will never give them away.

Andy Schack is a well known manufacturer for high end basses and my Strat is the first he ever made. I played countless gigs in the 80s and 90s with them. Even in times when i had to get rid of some instruments just like a 57 Strat or a one off PRS from 1992 i never thought of selling those particular guitars.

I hope I'm never without my Hamers but I dont have that much loyality to Hamer to only play their guitars. There are other guitars I love equally including a Gibson, PRS, Anderson, Suhr and even a few Ibanez J Customs.

Ditto - there are other guitars I'll play, depending on what I feel like or what is called for at the time, but I've owned Hamers since the early/mid 80s with no gaps in continuity. I've owned the same Les Paul since then and have been through a bunch of those over the years, but there will always be at least 3 Hamers in the stable that I'll never get rid of - they're getting passed down to my kids.

Archived