Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Let's Play: What song is stuck in your head RIGHT NOW

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An origignal song I wrote called "Touch." I've been trying to get the drums down for the past hour and I'm about to go batshit. I hate this song right about now, but I'll have it running through my head all night. I should know better than to work on music right before bedtime...

Old Whore's Diet - Rufus Wainwright. (strange but true, funny song though).

SHAMELESS NAME DROPPING: "Rock & Roll Soul"-Grand Funk RR on accounta I'm interviewing Mark Farner tomorrow. He's one of the good guys, and Ted Nugent sez Farner's one of the greatest rock singers ever.

i love GF & farners vocice!!! post a link when you get done.

Gun Club - "Jack on Fire"

"Just What I Needed" by the Cars-probably because I had THIS out for a while last night and played that tune a few times-still a great solo.

008_17A.jpg

Trying to learn jazz standards lately, and I'm a very slow learner. So I've had "All of Me" in the back of my skull, non-stop, for about two weeks.

That is one of my favorite tunes. I loved it before I ever knew it was a standard.

Yeah, it's a great song, very elegant. But after two weeks of learning to read it, comp through it, improv over it, etc, I hear every sentence of every conversation pitch-shifted to match that melody LOL. Maybe I'd better start working on another song.

"Izabella" by Jimi Hendrix

That riff is infectious. :)

Frickin' "Windy" by the Association.

I was on vacation last week and the only station I could get was an oldies station. Must have heard that damn song 5 times and now it won't leave me alone.

You did something VERY bad in a past life to warrant that.

Anybody seen the performance of "Windy" in the MONTEREY POP DVD set? The intro riff is pounded out really hard by the Association's bassist, Brian Cole, on a semi-hollow Gibson EB-2. Weird...

Frickin' "Windy" by the Association.

Dude - I SO hate you right now!

:)

I just noticed that I had Fleedtwood Mac's Landslide in my head so I thought I'd post.

.....everyone knows it's Windy. And Windy had starry eyes.....

DAMN YOU!

Should I admit that I have Windy on my iPod and I just played it to clear my head?

Probably not.

Time to listen to Brandy (you're a fine girl!).....

Time to listen to Brandy (you're a fine girl!).....

That's a great tune.

DOO DOO-DO DOO DOO DOO DOOOO DO DO DO-DO-DO! :)

Archived