Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Asking for help filing a police report on a guy who cheated me.

Another HFC member told me it would be a good idea to ask for help here. I got stiffed on a deal for two pickups recently. Last contact I had with the guy was in June/July. Since then my emails are bouncing.

He goes by the name Daneswede1 on the Gear Page. James Henderson is the name he has given me, and I think he works or runs this place called Store Coast Recordings:

http://stores.ebay.com/Coast-Recording-Equipment-Supply

This is a telephone number I have that I think is his: 561-305-2530. Which State does this number go to? Store Coast seems to be located in Los Angeles California.

If anyone here on the HFC can help me file a police report on the guy for scamming me I would be grateful. Would it go under mailfraud? Perhaps a call from the police would make him ship the pickups out.

Unfortunately you need to post a complaint with paypal within one or two months. He kept stalling, sending me mails that shipping had gone bad and he would send again etc. So it was past paypal's complaint time when I tried to file one with them.

Thanks in advance!

That phone number is for an unlisted number in Boca Raton, Florida.

That's about as far away from LA as you can get!

If it is really a (562) area code, that's a cell phone in the Long Beach, CA area. A lot more likely!

The phone number is registered as wireless and based in Boca Raton, Florida. You can do a reverse number lookup at http://www.switchboard.com to see for yourself. Unfortunately, wireless numbers aren't published and you'd have to pay to find out who it is. You might try the police in Boca Raton, or the Sheriff's department for Palm Beach County. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have because there's a lot of criminal activity that hides down there. I've had to deal with some of it myself. I'll see what else I can track down via internet.

He has not give me that phone number himself. I just found an ad when I googled his name were this phone number was posted:

I still have the link and I save the ad in a word document. THe link is now dead:

http://tradingpost.sweetwater.com/details.php?TP_ID=9779

There can't be to many James Henderson out there selling guitar gear, but there could be a chance that it's not the same guy. This is what the ad said

Description

Marshall Valvestate 40V. Everything is functioning 110% on the amp. Two channel. 12ax7 (TUBE)driven preamp. Solid State Tone network ( Power section). Two channels. COmes with foot switch, chord and manual for the amp which I still have. Reverb on board. Very lush sounding . Great for rehearsing or small - med/ stage performance and recording. Has D.I for direct recording as well as a PReamp In Poweramp out and line in. Very formidable tone ! Can go from Fat mida rangey Marshall crunch to a smooth lead tone without changing the knobs or if you will a scooped mids fat lowend and high end . This amp got great reviews on HARMONY CENTRAL! Check um out. askin $200 obo Have 100% POSITIVE Feedback on EBay which I ve been a member 7 years+! Also know many heads that frequent the several gear chat rooms i.e. Gearpage.net, marshallampforum.com, plexipalace.com, etc whom can attest to my honest and timely business dealings . I describre my gear very liberal for im a stickler on having a nice rig or two, or three :>)! Thanks for looking . PLEASE ASK FOR A PICTURE(S)

Asking Price: $200.00 obo

Posted: 1/8/07, 01:34:08 AM -

Contact James Henderson or call 561-305-2530

Here's a partial post of his off the Gear Page from a couple months back:

"I teach guitar and sell gear out of South FLA . We are Mesa BOogie dealers and these amps are our main sellers"

In another post on TGP he said his email address was [email protected] This chump is in Florida, if I had to guess. (I don't think they serve California) You may be able to chase him down through the bellsouth site, or (if he really is a Mesa Boogie dealer) maybe they will help you out. Arc Music of Boca is a registered Mesa dealer in Boca Raton, has a 561-prefix phone number, and has a bellsouth.net email address. I'll keep looking

https://www.arcmusicofboca.com/Contact_Us.html

Another little tidbit:

call 561-305-2530

That phone number is listed as a MetroPCS cellphone in Boca Raton Florida. Now check this out:

Metro PCS cellphone sales office in Boca Raton FL:

8177 Glades Road

Boca Raton, FL - 33434

Arc Music of Boca

8182 Glades Rd.

Boca Raton, FL 33434

5 doors down. I'd bet half a twenty I know where this guy works. Call the police in Boca Raton, FL.

Thanks. He mentioned store coast in one of his mails. I guess it's not the one I found on ebay then. This Florida shop sounds like it could be it. Can anyone help me with contacting the police there?

All my recent mails to this address that he gave me has bounced: [email protected]

Thanks for the help so far guys!

Boca Raton Police Department homepage.

http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/police/PDWeb/index.html

Under FAQ's, click on Fraud Investigator and send them an email.

Good luck!

I just did. I really appreciate all the help you gave me. The HFC is the best place! Thanks to all and everyone here who I have had great dealings with, and great fun, over the years. :blink:

Boca Raton Police Department homepage.

http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/police/PDWeb/index.html

Under FAQ's, click on Fraud Investigator and send them an email.

Good luck!

I just did. I really appreciate all the help you gave me. The HFC is the best place! Thanks to all and everyone here who I have had great dealings with, and great fun, over the years. :blink:

Keep us updated. :ph34r:

In another post on TGP he said his email address was [email protected] This chump is in Florida, if I had to guess. (I don't think they serve California) You may be able to chase him down through the bellsouth site, or (if he really is a Mesa Boogie dealer) maybe they will help you out. Arc Music of Boca is a registered Mesa dealer in Boca Raton, has a 561-prefix phone number, and has a bellsouth.net email address. I'll keep looking

https://www.arcmusicofboca.com/Contact_Us.html

Another little tidbit:

call 561-305-2530

That phone number is listed as a MetroPCS cellphone in Boca Raton Florida. Now check this out:

Metro PCS cellphone sales office in Boca Raton FL:

8177 Glades Road

Boca Raton, FL - 33434

Arc Music of Boca

8182 Glades Rd.

Boca Raton, FL 33434

5 doors down. I'd bet half a twenty I know where this guy works. Call the police in Boca Raton, FL.

He's definitely in Florida. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and we are Pacific Bell.

Archived