Hamer Fan Club Message Center

new guitar NHC

I've been gassing for a new guitar. I was board and I just wanted something new. I sold my Nash LPB Tele and had some money.

I had a couple of guidelines I wanted to follow. I really like Teles and like the shape of the body and the control layout, so I wanted some kind of Tele.

Next I told myself a "fore arm" cut would be nice because the wood always digs into my arm in that area. And while I'm at it, a tummy cut would be good too. It would also be nice to be able to reach the upper frets. That's always a tough thing to do on a Tele.

I still wanted it to look "vintage" so a "mint" guard would be nice. Hey, how about a FAT C neck? Yep. How about some Braz rosewood while we're at it? Might as well have it plekked and have a Buzz Feinten tuning too.

So I had these things in mind, and one day I was combing The Gear Page, I found it.

It arrived at my house today.

suhr4.jpg

suhr9.jpg

suhr5.jpg

suhr2.jpg

suhr1.jpg

suhr10.jpg

I'm a staunch objector to any "Fender" guitars that aren't "Fender" (other than some Japanese lawsuits), but that one is stunning. Kind of has all of the cool Strat features on a Tele frame (which I prefer). Congrats!!

Niiiiiiiiice! It looks pretty much...perfect.

Sweet lid in that pic. Gotta say though, I have a strange sense that there's a Tsingtao in my immediate future!

All the cool tele features stayed and all the tele "issues" got fixed. That is bad ass. Killer!

Exactly!

Thanks guys :lol:

Those body contours should be a standard option on Fender Teles and G&L ASATs, if not outright premium models. G&L offers a belly cut on an ASAT, but not the contour for the strumming arm.

Archived