Hamer Fan Club Message Center

House warming party

doody

Sat. Oct 6th. House warming party. My new house. Well it's not a gig. It's just a old fashioned keg party to celebrate my new digs. Some extremely casual jamming, beer, foosball, friends and music. i know, i know, extremely short notice but anyone in the area is most welcome. Anyone interested shoot me a pm or email and I'll give you the address, etc. Probably won't be full swing til 7ish but the doors will be open all day. I live in Mason City, IA. About 100 miles south of the cities on I-35 in north central Iowa.

Munchies etc will be provided. Might fire up the grill if the weather is nice. My amp choices are kinda limited; cybertwin, Mesa Maverick, acoustasonic pro, and my PA. Might be able to scrounge up a few others. All HFC'ers are most welcome and while your here you can check out the 50% clearance at the Mason City Hamer/Fender dealer. Haven't checked back there in a while. I'll go there tomorrow and see what he has left.

Tonight's the night. Keg of mic golden for the unwashed masses. Guinness and assorted stouts and ales for the more refined. Sorry you couldn't scrounge a ride Bruce. I'm sure I'll have another with more advanced warning next time. if anyone needs directions, send me an email or call. My cell # 641-420-2521.

Holy crap! Is it just me or have kegs gotten like 4 times heavier than they were 15-20 years ago! Well one hernia later, kegs on ice, foods set out, and the house is (marginally) clean. Next time, I'm having the keg delivered and getting a caterer. Or at least waiting for the first unexpecting thirsty party goer. "You thirsty? I have something for you to bring in."

Dammit, I was seriously considering hopping into the car by myself and driving down, but then Dave Berg called and wanted to go sailing on Lake Nokomis on a hot, humid, windy Oct. day in MN (great fun was had by all) and now it's time for shrimp on the barbie... next time Doody, for sure next time!

Archived