Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Free Mix Offer 2

Ok, I have a new computer, new desk, new speakers and new software. If anyone would like me to mix/master their tracks shoot me an email at [email protected]. You'll need to upload the files ont a server somewhere or mail them to me on a CD/DVD. All non-protools sessions need to send only the audio files and they must all start at the same time (i.e., 0:00:00) so that they line up properly. If you did your recording in a program thats not protools and you have lots of edits you will need to quantize (or consolidate) your files so that each track is on complete file (i.e., the bass track is not a bunch seperate edits/takes, but one complete file the whole way through the song).

Let me know if there's any takers.

Did anyone else take Colin up on his offer? I did and had him take a crack at mastering some jam edits I want to compile on a demo. He does good work, and he's FAST!

You can hear the results on this Crowes-y jam.

Before:

http://hereinliestherub.com/edits/CorkersEdit04.mp3

After:

http://hereinliestherub.com/masters/The%20Rub%2001.mp3

Ok, I have a new computer, new desk, new speakers and new software. If anyone would like me to mix/master their tracks shoot me an email at [email protected]. You'll need to upload the files ont a server somewhere or mail them to me on a CD/DVD. All non-protools sessions need to send only the audio files and they must all start at the same time (i.e., 0:00:00) so that they line up properly. If you did your recording in a program thats not protools and you have lots of edits you will need to quantize (or consolidate) your files so that each track is on complete file (i.e., the bass track is not a bunch seperate edits/takes, but one complete file the whole way through the song).

Just a little trick I learned when going cross format (protools to radar, etc):

Rather than trying to force every track from 00:00:00 (cuz sometimes those jams have false starts, etc...),

put a "two-pop"

(like the "bleep" you hear to sync film or video) or similar straight-up visual sound at the same

place on every track- that way, even if there's a hiccup in the file transfer, you have a visual

AND audio marker to align. A cymbal hit will work also because of the sharp attack and slow decay.

This way, you can even take individual tracks as aiff files or what ever and load them how you like.

Good Luck!

Just a little trick I learned when going cross format (protools to radar, etc):

Rather than trying to force every track from 00:00:00 (cuz sometimes those jams have false starts, etc...),

put a "two-pop"

(like the "bleep" you hear to sync film or video) or similar straight-up visual sound at the same

place on every track- that way, even if there's a hiccup in the file transfer, you have a visual

AND audio marker to align. A cymbal hit will work also because of the sharp attack and slow decay.

This way, you can even take individual tracks as aiff files or what ever and load them how you like.

Good Luck!

That will would work, however if all the files are consolidated at the same starting point (and ending point if you like) in the same program any flaw in exporting or consolidating them will be the same on all the tracks. Thus they line up properly when imported to protools (or any program) because they will by default begin at 00:00:00 together. I've never had a problem with files being out of sync yet (knock on wood). Still a small click track hit copied and pasted at the same location on all tracks works well because you can perfectly line up each hit because it it's the exact same sound on all tracks (thus the wave form is identical). Even a tiny delay (like the time it takes to run through a patch bay, compressor, etc.) when things are out of sync (especially on tracks with fast transients, like drums) can make everything sound washy because of phase problems. Programs with built in delay compensation can eliminate this type of thing for you automatically for outboard gear and software related delays from tracks that were lined up properly to begin with.

Thanks Dave. I guess it's really only "exceptionally cool" if you like my work though! lol! :blink:

This way I can play with my new toys and hopefully do some of you guys here a favor. Hopefully a win/win for everyone involved.

Did anyone else take Colin up on his offer? I did and had him take a crack at mastering some jam edits I want to compile on a demo. He does good work, and he's FAST!

Before:

After:

I only can say WAW !!!

Really good work, Colin !

Before:

After:

I only can say WAW !!!

Really good work, Colin !

Thanks. B)

Wow, Conrad. That avatar of yours is freaking me out!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived