Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sunburst appreciation thread

Travis

Here's a quick little line up we did tonight by year...

77,3x79,5x80

Enjoy!

:P

Mark.

9sunbursts1.jpg

9sunbursts2.jpg

Guest bondedbybrick

Great thread! Ken's Autumn light image inspired me to take some pictures of my '78 Sunburst. Thanks for the inspiration!

Derek

78Burst3.jpg

78Burst2.jpg

78Burst1.jpg

Guest pirateflynn

Great thread! Ken's Autumn light image inspired me to take some pictures of my '78 Sunburst. Thanks for the inspiration!

Derek

You are welcome Derek. Sweet guitar you have there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I will remember this. B) Oh yes, I will remember this. B) Some day a Sunburst will be mine and I too will type:

Just because I always wanted to post in this thread...

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I hadn't seen it before. Great photos and great addition, Mitch! :)

Gorgeous guitars!!

I wonder why people associate this style with prs? hamer has doing it much before it seems.

I have 91 prs and until recently I didnt even know hamer built these guitars.

I'd love to get a real one.

I picked up a korean sunburst arch top a few months ago. Its a fabulous guitar. I went to a local store and looked at the new imported hamers . They are not nearly as nice as the korean ones. The indonesian ones have flaws everywhere,bad fret jobs and paint speckles in the binding. My korean sunbursts workmanship is on par with my prs.

I wish I could come across a Hamer USA model like that with dual humbuckers and the non stop fixed bridge tailpiece.

I pretty much gutted my Korean Sunburst archtop and put in tonepros hardware and tuners, cts pots,switchcraft switch,paper in oil caps, bone nut, dressed the frets and I've tried many PU's in it. I thought I was going to stick with Manlius fat diane's but settled on a PRS McCarty Neck and Gibson 57 classic bridge PU. This guitar sings like nothing else I have owned and I have played 1000's of gigs on my 91 prs and really bonded with it. The Hamer was just going to be a backup while the PRS was refretted but its the other way around now!

I have a lot of money into it and couldnt get that out of it becasue its korean but other than that its as good as anything I've tried.

As much as I like it I wish I could find an american version.

...just a fast reply with some of my Hamers.

Three 78 Sunbursts, from left to right, one 79 and one 81 plus two Specials on the ground.

DSC00822.jpg

KILLER !!!. I was going to take pictures of my Stable, because I just recieved my Lightburst back.. But then I took the Darkburst in today to have some TLC done to it. Hopefully soon i'll have them all back and in shape.

Does this count?

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8245.jpg

Its korean. I had it plek'd, new pots,russian militart PIO cap,speed knobs(I dont like those angled knobs) PRS Mccarty neck PU, Gibson 57 classic bridge PU, new graphtek nut, new grovers, Locking tonepro's bridge and tailpiece(added the other day after I took the Pic. It was nice before but now I think its as good as anything I've played. Guitar was $200 with NICE original case from buddy who needed money. He paid around $600. I traded a keeley katana and some tubes for the PU's. I had the grovers since the 80's. Spent another $75 on pots,switch,caps ans $200 for the plek. I know it wasn't an investment but I wanted it to play. I'd like to find a nice US version one day.

Serial,

About the Electraglide. Was it a one-off from Hamer? A custom option? A regular production model? Gawd it's sweet! Any chance of another one or two turning up someplace?

Thanks for any info on this. I've seen/heard of it on the HFC before, and always wanted to know more of its history.

sk

ok mostly 90's sunburst because I like'em thin :) necks that is !

81 sunburst

rob_jpg_w300h400.jpg

CHUCKY 1

4fd882e7.jpg

my blackies

96b56da4.jpg

my sunbursts

edb4d538.jpg

80 special

f222530c.jpg

90 floyd flat top

img_0013.jpg

blue sunburst gay pic lol my girls idea

e46cd54b.jpg

salom

100_0025.jpg

amber I have 1 with dots 2

IMG_0024.jpg

goildie

IMG_0040-2.jpg

Well used '91 in Salmon Blush (it's orange now it seems). The binding is shrinking causing it to pull away in spots and there are fine finish cracks all over. I like a stadium logo.

Too bad the 'Burstbuckers sound a bit poopy.

salmonfrt.jpg

Hangin' with a couple homies:

SBBG.jpg

CJ

Serial,

About the Electraglide. Was it a one-off from Hamer? A custom option? A regular production model? Gawd it's sweet! Any chance of another one or two turning up someplace?

Thanks for any info on this. I've seen/heard of it on the HFC before, and always wanted to know more of its history.sk

Not quite a one-off, but one of two. These were ordered from my local Hamer pusher in Winston-Salem, NC, the late, great Sam Moss. He had the first one in when I bought my first Hamer (a Ferrari Red Special w/Floyd). That one was a single pickup (b/w/b 3 coil) in the bridge, 3 tone Sunburst over a flamey carved top, gold hardware, unbound dot board, Standard-style headstock. I had that one pretty much sold out from under me at a guitar show back in the early '90s (I'll scan a pic from that!), and it went to Japan. Stayed there until a few years ago when another HFC'er scored it.

The second one was owned by our own David B., and sold to Serial, who was on the trail of that one for a good few years himself. That's the one above with the neck P-90.

Around the same time, Sam also ordered 2 or 3 (I forget) other carved top Sunbursts with bound Dan Armstrong heads and various pickup layouts - I think it was a 3 coil, a single HB and a 2 HB model, but would have to confirm that with Steve. I also distinctly remember Sam having one in the shop that said either "SMG Duoglide" or "Duoglide SMG". I THOUGHT that was the first Electraglide, and was surprised that it didn't say "Duoglide" when I saw it in '90/'91 at that guitar show.

I've been trying to get Hamer to build me one like that for well over 10 years, but the planets haven't aligned just yet.

I'll keep on trying...

Electraglide #1 after pickup change:

MYElectraglide.jpg

HamerDanArmhead.jpgHamerDuoglide.jpg

I've been trying to get Hamer to build me one like that for well over 10 years, but the planets haven't aligned just yet.

I'll keep on trying...

Call me when the deal goes through :) I'd love one too ... and by the time that one gets built, I probably will be able to afford it, haha

Archived