Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sunburst appreciation thread

Travis

HamerDanArmhead.jpg

Wow. Do you have a closer pic of the headstock? I believe Austin is correct...

Also - 24 fret. 25.5" scale, per chance?

Here's my old Sunburst...can't remember who bought it though...

IMG_1906.jpg

Did yer add read: "Strings play like butta..."

:)

:P

Thanks for the Electraglide info, Chris! Guess I won't be holding my breath waiting to find one on the local CL, :)

If that rumored Hamer history/picture book ever gets published, I will need more than one copy if the pics in this thread are any representation of what'll be in it!

sk

1984 Sunburst "Sportomatic", another of maybe a dozen carved top original Sunbursts:

fbombincolor_0061.jpg

'91 I used to own. sniff.

DSC01259.jpg

That was a sweet one indeed!!!!

Here is an old pic I found. Added a few more since.

sunburst1.jpg\

That one in the front is one of those Hamer factory "seconds" where someone forgot to route it for a neck pickup and to add insult to injury the put the crowns in but forgot to bind the neck..... :):P And we thought Gibson had bad QC. :P

Peter.

Hey Peter. Where's the one with the "Forked" headstock?

Hi PF: Jol made me bandsaw that one, you know another one of those factory "seconds", can't have them floating around. Just like they say, don't buy your groceries on a Monday it is all the leftover/handled stuff from the weekend, don't buy a Hamer that was made on Mondays either, unless they have had at least two cups of coffee before hitting the line. :):P

Pics to come.

Peter

Hey Peter. Where's the one with the "Forked" headstock?

Hi PF: Jol made me bandsaw that one, you know another one of those factory "seconds", can't have them floating around. Just like they say, don't buy your groceries on a Monday it is all the leftover/handled stuff from the weekend, don't buy a Hamer that was made on Mondays either, unless they have had at least two cups of coffee before hitting the line. :):P

Pics to come.

Peter

Now this, I want to see!

Thanks for the Electraglide info, Chris! Guess I won't be holding my breath waiting to find one on the local CL, :)

If that rumored Hamer history/picture book ever gets published, I will need more than one copy if the pics in this thread are any representation of what'll be in it!

sk

Tell me about it! Every time serial posts the picture of the Electraglide SMG I start quivering uncontrollably. That would be THE only guitar I'd order from Hamer new if they if ever agreed to do another. I'd put down a deposit no questions asked. I love that look!

Prototype/Phantom triple coil, P90 neck, Standard headstock, Sunburst body...heaven on earth.

Pics to come.

Peter

Now this, I want to see!

To keep this thread going, here are a few.

The forked headstock sunburst.....Don't you just love it when Hamer decides to put a wicked twist on things.

forkedheadstockshot.jpg

forkedheadstocksunburstfull3a-1.jpg

For the Electraglide fans. Plain and simple and kickass good looking.

Electraglide1-1.jpg

I honestly don't think you can make a more perfect headstock than this one-long explorer headstock that is bound, come on.

electraglidehead-1.jpg

Here is another fun one, made for Tommy Shaw, flip a switch and "listen carefully, aaaaaahhhhhhh, you can go grab a bite and it's still sustaining that note.....aaaahhhhhhh").

sustainic8-1-1.jpg

For the Sunburst fan, when you need that quick 12 string and BearClaw Spruce is your flavor over a maple top. When Crowns just won't do for an over-the-top guitar you have to go with boomers. (actually I believe our own Bob P. did some of the actual work on this guitar, another killer idea made for Bill Kaman).

dblnecksunburst-1.jpg

The new stuff is pretty damn good, but for us 'old folks around here, they were making some pretty nice guitars back in the 70-80's. (another one of those "factory seconds" with crown inlays but they forgot to bind the neck... :P )

01522sunburstbdy2A-1.jpg

Enjoy, Sunbursts rule or at least come in a nice second to the old standards!!! Hats off to geniuses at Hamer!!!!

Peter.

Man, you're just killing me with those pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The forked headstock sunburst.....Don't you just love it when Hamer decides to put a wicked twist on things.

forkedheadstockshot.jpg

Electraglide1-1.jpg

I honestly don't think you can make a more perfect headstock than this one-long explorer headstock that is bound, come on.

electraglidehead-1.jpg

Here is another fun one, made for Tommy Shaw, flip a switch and "listen carefully, aaaaaahhhhhhh, you can go grab a bite and it's still sustaining that note.....aaaahhhhhhh").

sustainic8-1-1.jpg

For the Sunburst fan, when you need that quick 12 string and BearClaw Spruce is your flavor over a maple top. When Crowns just won't do for an over-the-top guitar you have to go with boomers. (actually I believe our own Bob P. did some of the actual work on this guitar, another killer idea made for Bill Kaman).

dblnecksunburst-1.jpg

The new stuff is pretty damn good, but for us 'old folks around here, they were making some pretty nice guitars back in the 70-80's. (another one of those "factory seconds" with crown inlays but they forgot to bind the neck... :) )

01522sunburstbdy2A-1.jpg

Enjoy, Sunbursts rule or at least come in a nice second to the old standards!!! Hats off to geniuses at Hamer!!!!

Peter.

Pics to come.

Peter

Now this, I want to see!

forkedheadstockshot.jpg

Electraglide1-1.jpg

electraglidehead-1.jpg

sustainic8-1-1.jpg

dblnecksunburst-1.jpg

The new stuff is pretty damn good, but for us 'old folks around here, they were making some pretty nice guitars back in the 70-80's. (another one of those "factory seconds" with crown inlays but they forgot to bind the neck... :P )

01522sunburstbdy2A-1.jpg

Peter.

We don't need another Hamer open house tour, we need Peter F. open house! Damn Pete!

...here are a few... the forked headstock sunburst..... the Electraglide, plain and simple and kickass looking... Tommy Shaw flip a switch... 12 string BearClaw Spruce with boomers... factory second with crowns but they forgot to bind the neck...

thanks for the Sunburst FrEaKsHoW!

...just a fast reply with some of my Hamers.

Three 78 Sunbursts, from left to right, one 79 and one 81 plus two Specials on the ground.

DSC00822.jpg

Dirk,

you know who to contact if you ever feel like selling a sunburst!!!!

C.

Glad to see my former special is still part of your collection :)

Guest pirateflynn

:)-->

QUOTE(David B @ Mar 15 2009, 03:50 PM)

We don't need another Hamer open house tour, we need Peter F. open house! Damn Pete!

Yep!

dblnecksunburst-1.jpg

Man. Do you have a pick of the whole thang?

Archived