Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sunburst appreciation thread

Travis

The back of 7 0069 ain't so nice. The previous owner told me he contacted Hamer on this in the '80's and was told they had some problems with the clearcoat finish.

They offered him a re-finsh but he never had it done.

I don't care either - this one stays here.

DSCN3646.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Folks,

Having been bumped by @RichRS6 I finally got it together to do some (half-)decent pictures of my '78 Sunburst and (with the new Message Board utility) to post them.

So, this is my '78 Sunburst (S/N 8 0253) with shimmed bridge, long headstock, bull's eye Gotohs and DiMarzio PAFs. I've had this since '84 and it's all pretty much original. A couple of the original black speed knobs shattered so I replaced them and, 'cleverly', I rewired it to 1 volume & 2 tones as the bridge pick-up is quite bright (but it would revert to standard wiring easily enough). As Andrew suggested, it does seem to have 'big dots'.

Alltogether it's in pretty good shape. The top is pretty good, the curly maple figuring depends a bit on the light. I guess the colour is quite an antique red (rather then cherry red). The neck is quite rounded, frets are OK. A few dings in the back & sides as it's seen some action but is now enjoying its semi-retirement. Still sounding good.

Cheers, T.

What utility to post photos? Figuring I need to upload to photobucket, or ?. I need to post some pics. Thanks.

Dave

With so many sustainblocks pictured, I'll have a heart attack!!! :wub:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived