Hamer Fan Club Message Center

HFC History

bruce919

This is all Bullshit. You guys know damn well that nothing happened here until I joined. After that, it only took me one day to piss off the Matthes brothers. ROTFLMAO!!!!

Sad but true. I think it had something to do with Day Tripper and "not being a Strat guy."

Being that I have been friends with our grand poo-baa Hikarateboy for well over 20 years I was in the unique position to see the HFC hatch from infancy... back in those days I was pretty skeptical of the "internets" so what he was describing was mostly going in one ear and out the other... (sorry Ted!!)... but as time went by and I started lurking myself it became very much of a reality and when it was time for me to buy my first Hamer, ya'all were there for me!! thanks!!

That said, without the HFC my music life would without a doubt not be the same right now... going to my first 4-3-2-1 jam opened a whole new world of great people for me and Toni !! lots of great friends!!

a lot of good karma... last night's gig was proof of that!! <_<

I posted on the old bulletin board and got what I was looking for quickly from some cat named Ted. I had an old checkerboard Special and need some wiring help, and got a quick and very helpful reply. This board is great, although I have spent too much time here over the years and have let differing opinions get to me on occasion <_< .

When I got real frustrated and was ready to sell ALL my stuff and become a porch-sitting acoustic strummer, a fellow HFC'er reached out and invited me to try a different playing situation. I am now enthusiastic again and feel like a family member here. Thanks brothers and sisters, and a big, big thanks to Robbie and Ted (and Stu, too). Z

I think I found this place in '99 when I was working in the college computer lab spending most of my time surfing when not helping people figure out their email or how to change fonts on their term papers.

Basically they paid me to surf, flirt with girls and snack. lol! (Man, I've got to get that job back!!!!)

Back then there was a lot of talk about bomb pops and pop tarts. I used to photoshop pancakes, rabbits and earlier mentioned all over BCRGreg and his car too. lol! I think I lost the pictures though...

I found this place just after HFC Open House II. Does anybody know what year that was? I guess I could look at the reciept for my 25th anni, I got that about 2 months later.

Ceeb - that was October, 1999. Doesn't seem like all that long ago, eh?

around October '99 is when I started posting too. Became rather obsessive the first few years, but haven't been around much the past year or two. I have, however, made nearly 3,500 posts in ten months on the GTR Owners Club board in the UK.....

I found it looking for info to fix the snapped headstock on my "81" Vector. Mid 90's sounds about right. Thanks BCRgreg for fixing it.

I remember the flaming pop tarts.

There are lots of really great folks at HFC.

Archived