Hamer Fan Club Message Center

CANCELLED----2008 HFC Fall Midwest Jam.

bruce919

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butcher is everywhere...

I have seen the flux capacitor in his red BMW convertible though - I think that is the secret ingredient.

It is now set.

I have found a few local drummers & bass players, but if you have any buddies who do either please invite.

Me & a certain bass player will be there - with some gear :)

I'll be there not sure if I'll bring any gear but maybe my 100 watt Matamp so I can open it up and melt some shit.

I'll be there not sure if I'll bring any gear but maybe my 100 watt Matamp so I can open it up and melt some shit.

I have not posted guidelines for the jam yet but I would like to keep with a past rule of guitar amps that are 30 watts or less please.

Sounds like fun!

I have not posted guidelines for the jam yet but I would like to keep with a past rule of guitar amps that are 30 watts or less please.

Oh come on. Johnny needs the clean headroom!

This was noted at past midwest Jams & I did not hear any one balk then?

It's your party - lay down the law! :) Who wants ear-bleeds from "I want you to surrender" or "Mustang Freebird" anyway? If this "big room" is akin to a high-school gymnasium, volume is automatically going to be a problem.

If I might offer a suggestion: backline the stage with an assortment of pre-approved amps and be done with it. I've done this at weekly jam sessions with great success. It also reduces change-up time between acts dramatically. One overpowered instrument f***s up the whole mix for everybody. You have the right idea.

This was noted at past midwest Jams & I did not hear any one balk then?

It's your party - lay down the law! :) Who wants ear-bleeds from "I want you to surrender" or "Mustang Freebird" anyway? If this "big room" is akin to a high-school gymnasium, volume is automatically going to be a problem.

If I might offer a suggestion: backline the stage with an assortment of pre-approved amps and be done with it. I've done this at weekly jam sessions with great success. It also reduces change-up time between acts dramatically. One overpowered instrument f***s up the whole mix for everybody. You have the right idea.

Where is it written that a 100-watt amp has to be turned up all the way? My 6V6 Valvetechs are only 22 watts; if you don't think they can knock down a horse at 10 paces, you're mistaken.

Besides, like I said, Johnny's just wanting maximum clean headroom for those Knopfler-esque lines he likes to play.

Archived