Hamer Fan Club Message Center

BC Rich Japanese Mockingbird FS

Tom, I was stupid to sell that guitar. I should have bypassed all the electronics (the guitar didn't sound that good.....from what I remember) and made it sound good even if that meant replacing the pickups. The guitar looked awesome, played great, had a Kahler (love 'em) and weighed nothing. Sigh. Stupid, stupid, stupid.....

Gene: hit me up if you don't keep the import mockingbird!!!

BTMN, I have the Nighthawk from that series and have to ask - is the Charvel neck on yours a baseball bat or more shredder friendly? Mine is a full 1" end to end and the guitar is a war club but sounds great after I dumped the stock Super Distortos. Nice axe that is way under the radar I think as far as a good, solid playing American rarity, eh? Z

DSCN3576bcrich.jpg

DSCN3575bcrich.jpg

The SOAR is great! Neck is kinda fat too. Just the way I like it too.

Red 'Bird is cool for my first 10 minute low volume test. HEAVY!!!!!!though. Gonna have to get a new set of strings on it and a lil polish and love. :P

• 2 years later...

Sweet mockingbird. I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy one with the exact same control configuration on the body as yours. Quick question for you (which will help me identify the authenticity of mine)...can you describe the back of the guitar body? Specifically, is the control cover plate recessed into the body or does it protrude out? If you wouldn't mind sending or posting a pic, that would be even more helpful. Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Some people are telling me that USA models have back plates that screw down so they rest "on top" of the body, and thus protrude out a few millimeters or so. Therefore, they think the one I'm thinking of buying actually has an "NJ" series body, made in Japan.

I sold this not long after I bought it. To heavy and I didn't "crave" to keep it. Great lil guitar but not for me. I will look for a few pics. My '78 has the "protruding " cavity cover style.

No way I remember, sorry.

I love the look of Mockingbirds, but hate how that point on the upper-bout digs into my sternum.

You're clearly wearing it waaaay to high. :P

:lol: You're right! I don't know why I said "sternum". "Gut" would have been a good enough descriptor.

Another thing I remember is that you have to watch that lower-horn around the man parts.

BTMN, I have the Nighthawk from that series and have to ask - is the Charvel neck on yours a baseball bat or more shredder friendly? Mine is a full 1" end to end and the guitar is a war club but sounds great after I dumped the stock Super Distortos. Nice axe that is way under the radar I think as far as a good, solid playing American rarity, eh? Z

DSCN3576bcrich.jpg

DSCN3575bcrich.jpg

Yeah, THAT takes me back. Very nice!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sold this not long after I bought it. To heavy and I didn't "crave" to keep it. Great lil guitar but not for me. I will look for a few pics. My '78 has the "protruding " cavity cover style.

you sold it and didn't offer it to me? Son of a bitch!

Archived