Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Custom Finish Color Help

Guest brinkmanship

This is my last question before I get up with my dealer tomorrow and start the process. Do you get to name your color? Is it on the certificate? I love that name above Gator-Burst totally amazing. I have been thinking and I think I want to go with a really bright yellow and orange sunburst. Very poppy colors. I want to call it Solar-Burst. Anyway...I thank you for all your help guys.

stay involved and keep askin. great idea you have there!

and thanks for the cool words.. from concept to certification, the gator standard project was rewarding in so many ways.... "naming" the color wasn't a showstopper for me, in fact this was something I really didn't ask. still I had an ear to ear grin when I saw it on the cert.. and the name has sorta stuck.

here's a bit of the gator standard legacy and my involvement.

my early mockups

ideass.jpg

my mockup swatches

GatorBurst.jpg

Sample_Crop.jpg

physical sample swatches from the masters at Hamer

sample2sideways.jpg

top selection

foodermantop.jpg

the reward

ph3.jpg

g8reyes.jpg

Gator_Standard.jpg

cert1.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brinkmanship

This is my last question before I get up with my dealer tomorrow and start the process. Do you get to name your color? Is it on the certificate? I love that name above Gator-Burst totally amazing. I have been thinking and I think I want to go with a really bright yellow and orange sunburst. Very poppy colors. I want to call it Solar-Burst. Anyway...I thank you for all your help guys.

and thanks for the cool words.. from concept to certification, the gator standard project was rewarding in so many ways.... "naming" the color wasn't a showstopper for me, in fact this was something I really didn't ask. still I had an ear to ear grin when I saw it on the cert.. and the name has sorta stuck.

my early mockups

ideass.jpg

my mockup swatches

GatorBurst.jpg

Sample_Crop.jpg

sample2sideways.jpg

top selection

foodermantop.jpg

the reward

ph3.jpg

g8reyes.jpg

Gator_Standard.jpg

cert1.jpg

Now, your post has raised another couple of questions for me. How did you get to see those mock ups? And how did you get the photo of your unfinished guitar? Man that green is nice.

How did you get to see those mock ups? And how did you get the photo of your unfinished guitar? Man that green is nice.

I did the mock-ups myself. As for the wood, I specifically requested an oddball type of top.. some figuring that resembled lizard or gator skin. i.e. something that could pull off the gator thing. I said I was willing to wait.. and I did. Finally a piece came around and they passed it by me to see if it would fit the bill. I liked. It was worth the wait.

Guest brinkmanship
How did you get to see those mock ups? And how did you get the photo of your unfinished guitar? Man that green is nice.

I did the mock-ups myself. As for the wood, I specifically requested an oddball type of top.. some figuring that resembled lizard or gator skin. i.e. something that could pull off the gator thing. I said I was willing to wait.. and I did. Finally a piece came around and they passed it by me to see if it would fit the bill. I liked. It was worth the wait.

How long did the entire process take from start to finish roughly? I really appreciate all your responses. I just want a straight forward nice flame. I am still digging the Yellow to Orange burst. I cant wait to start this process!

Guest brinkmanship

The more and more I look at this green gator burst, the more I think it might be right for my next guitar. You wouldnt be offended if I did the old copy cat?

my early mockups

ideass.jpg

my mockup swatches

GatorBurst.jpg

Sample_Crop.jpg

sample2sideways.jpg

top selection

foodermantop.jpg

the reward

ph3.jpg

g8reyes.jpg

Gator_Standard.jpg

cert1.jpg

The more and more I look at this green gator burst, the more I think it might be right for my next guitar. You wouldnt be offended if I did the old copy cat?

I'm truly flattered, but part of why I ordered this custom was to create a "one of" from Hamer. BCR Greg and Hamer helped me and put up with all my pictures, mockups, questions and helped bring this thing together. Part of its uniqueness is its color and its name. I'd like to keep it that way.

Any other green burst? no problemo. there's plentyo room in the green spectrum. would just like to keep "gator burst" a one and only.

work with your dealer.. they'll be glad to help you create something cool and unique.

what happened with that bright yellow to orange burst idea..?

btw no offense meant to you or anyone here..

Guest brinkmanship

I'm truly flattered, but part of why I ordered this custom was to create a "one of" from Hamer. BCR Greg and Hamer helped me and put up with all my pictures, mockups, questions and helped bring this thing together. Part of its uniqueness is its color and its name. I'd like to keep it that way.

Any other green burst? no problemo. there's plentyo room in the green spectrum. would just like to keep "gator burst" a one and only.

work with your dealer.. they'll be glad to help you create something cool and unique.

what happened with that bright yellow to orange burst idea..?

btw no offense meant to you or anyone here..

No none taken at all. Thats why I asked, because I wouldnt want someone coming along and taking the one off idea from me. I think its mainly because I am having a hard time coming up with a color. Frank Rindone at hamer says i have to send them a hard PHOTO in the mail to get it going. I cant just give a written description and let them get to work. I cant find any photos of anything like what I imagined, so now I am back to the drawing board. I would really like this shade of blue, what do you guys think? I might want them to tweak it a bit to get it perfect, but I think that on an artist custom, with a natural back and a brazilian board, bound f-hold, would look pretty cool. huh?02,12,2006_10-54-02.jpg

I REALLY like that - what is that finish called?

Guest pirateflynn

Anderson has some great finishes. I'm not sure what that one is called (I like it) but they have a Jack's Blue that is insane and a Bora Bora Burst that is tops, too.

Guest brinkmanship

I REALLY like that - what is that finish called?

Its called Arctic Blue Burst. I am really digging that one. I LOVE blue guitars. I own 3 and have owned probably 6. My studio custom is indigo with a natural back (well when I get it). The artist looks so similar I didnt want to have them both blue. Though whenever I dream up a dream guitar its always blue. I guess I just wanted to be different, but it always goes back to blue for me. This blue is particularly awesome to me...

Guest brinkmanship

just playing around for an idea...

on an artist custom of course..

blue.jpg

Holy crap dude. How do you do that. That looks pretty spot on for what I was thinking. I think I was just 100 percent sold on a color. Thank god this has been driving me insane for almost a week. I dont think I would want to call it the same name as Anderson does though. Something with space might be cool. I dont want it to just be called a generic blueburst because its so much more. How bout Twilight Burst? That really looks good on a standard....

Guest brinkmanship

just playing around for an idea...

on an artist custom of course..

blue.jpg

Dood thank you so much for that mock up. I actually am having that printed up right now. I am sending that and a few other photos in to Frank. Seeing that color on a hamer made me realize what I really wanted. So Thank you.

Guest brinkmanship

This baby is ordered! Here are the specs:

Hamer Artist Custom

Custom Blue Burst (anyone think twilight burst is cool?) w/ Natural Back

10 Victory Inlays

Brazilian Board

6100 Fretwire

Bound F-Hole

Should be here by June hopefully. Thanks for everyones input. I will be sure to post some awesome photos as soon as I have it. Special thanks to Foodermon for the awesome mock up.

This baby is ordered! Here are the specs:

Hamer Artist Custom

Custom Blue Burst (anyone think twilight burst is cool?) w/ Natural Back

10 Victory Inlays

Brazilian Board

6100 Fretwire

Bound F-Hole

Should be here by June hopefully. Thanks for everyones input. I will be sure to post some awesome photos as soon as I have it. Special thanks to Foodermon for the awesome mock up.

The bound F-hole can be cool. Does the Artists Custom include a bound headstock or is that another option?

Archived