Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For Sale and Auction Truisms

DavidE

Another one I love; "Up for Grabs", like we've been waiting a lifetime for their item.

Probably not that bad but I was up to 1:00 last night doing a sump pumpectomy.... Lack of sleep and scrambling to avert of a flooded basement hasn't added to my cheery demeanor today.

For soem reason the use of the word "Minty" just pisses me off

just sounds so fuckin wrong to me for some reason?? Actually turns my stomach??

Wierd huh?? ;)

The word MINTY used to describe condition makes me want to throw elbows at the seller.

Minty + Buttery = a really clean, sweet playing guitar - or a Christmas snack.

'Be like Keith/Eric/Jimi/Stevie/Eddie/John/Paul/George/Ringo' ad nauseam...

Any damn Tele with a humbucker in the neck position seems to make it a 'Keith'. A guy named Bob Bain was supposedly the first to do that (he got a preproduction PAF from a Gibson rep way back when, according to VG Mag)-AND retrofitted it with a Bigsby. Supposedly, that's the 'Peter Gunn' guitar (circa 1958).

• 5 years later...

"... plays like butter."

Gross.

I like the second one below: creamy lard? Really?

“The neck is bound, slim and extremely fast with action so low if you breathe on the strings they will almost play themselves.”

“Plays mint, neck feels like creamy lard while playing and………”

“The maple neck has been well worn from years of playing and the slim C profile is extremely comfortable. It's like your favorite pair of jeans: well worn in and a perfect fit.”

“Little to no fret wear, neck is straight, action is low, plays like melted butter.”

“Plays like absolute butter”

“It plays like sex (better for me than butter in that regard - please keep the butter away from my instruments).”

Wow. Tough crowd.

I've used several of those, including but not limited to: "up for grabs", "minty", and "selling for a friend" because, well, I WAS selling it for friend who was not a member on a particular forum. Probably use them again at some point.

"I have too many guitars so this one has to go. It's one of the best in the collection... ...sounds awesome... etc. etc.." Then you know it's NOT the best in his collection.

"I am selling this one and keeping my Les Paul, but this one sounds/plays better". Why are you selling the best one then dumb ass, probably because it's really CRAP.

"This is the best guitar I've ever played, but I am selling is as I found something new I want". Yeah, right. It's probably utter SHITE and that is why you are looking to replace it.

I like the no spammers or scammers requests. Does that really keep them away?

I agree on the "only played in my private studio" comments. Lots of folks seem to have their own studios lately.

I agree on the "only played in my private studio" comments. Lots of folks seem to have their own studios lately.

Must be the same guys who have their personal techs/luthiers give the instrument a once-over before the sale.

People complain about packing peanuts all the time. Yet 95% of the packages I've received are cushioned with... fucking packing peanuts. > ;)

Packing peanuts are very handy for packing, a real bitch for unpacking and cleanup. But I'll take a styro peanut mess over shipping damage any day.

"Just replaced pickups and it sounds AMAZING!"

No it doesn't....sounded like shit before and you still can't make it sound good...that's why you're selling it.

People complain about packing peanuts all the time. Yet 95% of the packages I've received are cushioned with... fucking packing peanuts. > ;)

Packing peanuts are very handy for packing, a real bitch for unpacking and cleanup. But I'll take a styro peanut mess over shipping damage any day.

I actually received a car part packed with REAL peanut shells. I wonder how long it took the boss to figure out his employees had no idea what packing peanuts were.

I actually received a car part packed with REAL peanut shells. I wonder how long it took the boss to figure out his employees had no idea what packing peanuts were.

... or maybe they bought their packing materials from a "green" company. Styrofoam has a bad eco reputation.

OK ...

I've went back on my newly listed

F/S 2005 Dean Z Time Capsule

and removed ALL offending terms, comments, cliche selling jargon, and generally over-used guitar marketing B.S.

Although, my weak attempt at pitching said guitar may contain a few borderline hyperboles.

Now ... somebody buy the fuggin thing! :D

Archived