Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your best Hamer purchase 2007 - with pics!

Sentinel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sorely needed a pink guitar, and imagine my delight when I spied this guitar on my local craigslist. I emailed immediately on a Saturday, and quickly needed to come up with $400 cash. My bank was already closed, so I called up good buddy and FV guitarist Dave Berg. He came to my rescue with $300 cash, and I drove out to get this guitar. Turns out the guy had just gotten laid off from the same company I got laid off from a few years back, and he also knew a good friend of mine. We had undoubtedly been at the same parties once or twice, even though we didn't remember meeting.

Here's Madame Pamita modeling this cruisebass at the 4-3-2-1 Club in May.

pam.jpg

And here's George and I jamming at the same party. I'm trying to remember if this newport showed up this year or last, but it's also become one of my fave's this year. Good stuff!

george-bruce.jpg

'04 Artist Custom--in mint condition. I waited for almost nine months until the store lowered the price to a trigger-pulling level (for me). Had to move a couple others to pay for it but....well, you can see why I did what I did...

9f_3.jpg

What finish is that?! Beautiful!

The COA says 'honey.' I know...it's awesome.

I wanted a Korina Vector for a LONG time. I watch Evilbay pretty close for

Hamers. I watched this down to the last second and scored it for a really good price.

It's a 2006 model, and is in brand new condition. I'm still super pleased with it.

I added the black pickguard, courtesy of our own RobB. Just a dynamite guitar, with

a great sound. I believe it came from Music Zoo. Nice folks to do biz with.

2006HamerKorinaVector007.jpg

It has to be this ...

InCase.jpg

To help pay for it, I had to unload my Studio Custom (liked it. didn't love it) and my Duo Tone (loved it. hurt to part with it.) So all I've got left is the Centaura...for now. Would I do it again? Well...you know the answer to that. :P

That is awesome! How do you like it? I'd love to get one, I'll have to wait a couple of years until the price comes down on them.

I'm not giving up my Studio Custom for one! ha ha

My Studio Custom,

I got it off of our own DavidE. I'll post pictures later on when I create a photo hosting account.

It's my favourite, and the best guitar I've ever owned. It kicks the ass of the 72 Goldtop LP with the minihumbers I used to have back in the day.

Long live Hamer!!!

I bought three Hamers this year, but this one stands apart.

Ordered in February, got her in September. Korina Junior with Quilt Top, Tobacco Sunburst, Ebony Board, Lollar P90, Tortoise Binding. Thanks Greg!

Oh Hell Yes

CamJrTarmac.jpg

The quilt matches that color just perfectly. It literally looks like it's on fire. I know it must look killer in person.

Wow. 2007 was the first year since 1997 that I haven't purchased multiple Hamers. In fact, I didn't purchase a single one this year! I DID win a free Hamer XT doublecut at the annual BCRMusic sale (actually a surprisingly good guitar), but no purchases. Pretty much all Fender stuff this year (cough cough!). SOLD a bunch of Hamers though.

Only one new Hamer, in fact, this is the first Hamer I've had in a couple years. Actually I only bought one guitar this year, although I did do a big trade too for a PRS. Bought a buttload of Boogies though, so I guess this was amp year. I did show some restraint and passed up on the Mark III redstripe head I just saw at a local GC.

eclipse.jpg

not a custom order, but i did customize this sweet player special fm that i scored from zoner w/ a phatcat /duncan custom & some chrome (pic from halloween, ha);

slash.jpg

currently awaiting the chineese custom fake hamer LP supreme (thats a mouthful) from scooter;

chinabody1.jpg

chinahead1.jpg

I purchased a Schenker Vector from Roli. Great neck and great sounding guitar. But I quickly discovered Vectors are not for me. The Vee shape must be the most uncomfortable guitarshape ever made. Totally unplayable sitting down. Neck heavy and I kept bangning the vee edges into everything. So I unfortunately sold the guitar after only a month. Vectors still looks killer though.

My only Hamer purchase in the last two years. I was lucky to pick this up when Mahogany's were not at a premium. I pull it out and play it on occassion. The Explorer body shape is not a typical shape for the kind of music I do or my age but it's still cool looking.

96standard-1.jpg

I was watching that one on ebay, (if it's the same guitar). If I hadn't bought my

Vector recently, I probably would have thrown my hat in ring for that one. I don't

have a P90 equipped guitar, and with those on a black Studio, I was starting to drool.

Nice score!

new1.jpg

Yes, it is the one from Ebay.. I thought it was a good snag and I can't wait to get it.

Now all I need is a new amp..

Archived