Hamer Fan Club Message Center

EXTREMLEY RARE HAMER VIRTUOSO #10

Selling my Virtuoso serial #0010.

I am the original owner. One piece Korina hand made, 36 scalloped frets and sustain block.

I know everyone on this site knows exactly what this is.

I have more pics and more detailed info about this specific guitar for serious buyers, thanks.

Asking $6500 but certainly entertaining all offers, thanks.

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

Thanks,

Jason

That is seriously one of the coolest ones there is. NOTHING plays like those Sustainblock Virts.

Ooohs and Aaahs are wasted on this-it leaves me speechless!

These first ten were apparently made from Korina left over from the old Gibson factory according to a very reliable source of mine who had these as a special project (there were ten original ones in korina with sustain blocks). Much love went into these.

Thanks guys.

It is a very special guitar.

Have some very interested parties and will only keep this listed a short while otherwise I know I will talk myself out of it.

Incredible tones out of this guitar and what is really cool is that the higher register notes are very playable. It takes the ear a little getting used to when you start flying around up there, you think you turned an ocataver on or something.

Forgetting the sale for a moment, I knew posting some cool pics of this guitar woud be appreciated on this site and I hope you all enjoy them.

My very first electric guitar was a Hamer! Not this one of course but I still am very proud of that fact all these years later. Great guitars.

links arent working...but PM'd ya.

links arent working...but PM'd ya.

Not sure I understand. Aren't the pics displaying without having to click links? They do on my computer and that was my intention - am I wrong about this?

Let me know as I am not the most savy at this process.

Thanks,

Jason

now theyare there :rolleyes:

PM"d ya...

Off topic, but I love that clock/sculpture. Damn!

Ya know, you may miss it a lot if you sell it. Unless cash flow is really weird, that's one you'll regret, especially if yer the original owner.

Ya know, you may miss it a lot if you sell it. Unless cash flow is really weird, that's one you'll regret, especially if yer the original owner.

I love that clock. From a hotel in Amsterdam, mid Century. Inlay and crafted from 5 different types of wood.

Interesting memory from when I bought that guitar - there were two at the time and I played both. How weird to go into any "store" and see a couple of virt's on the wall. I am trying to recall exactly but I believe the other one was #3. I think I made a choice based on color as they obviously were equally amazing. Shoulda bought both. For that matter I should have been buying every pre cbs strat I could find in the late 80's......and a 59 LP.

I love that clock. From a hotel in Amsterdam, mid Century. Inlay and crafted from 5 different types of wood.

Interesting memory from when I bought that guitar - there were two at the time and I played both. How weird to go into any "store" and see a couple of virt's on the wall. I am trying to recall exactly but I believe the other one was #3. I think I made a choice based on color as they obviously were equally amazing. Shoulda bought both. For that matter I should have been buying every pre cbs strat I could find in the late 80's......and a 59 LP.

#0003 was a metallic lime green one as I recall.

Serial,

I do believe you are correct about #003. I think it is also currently residing with one of the HFC members.

Mr. Todd., that is an impressive Virt. Good luck with the sale. But then again, I would keep it.

Hamerica

When I first saw this post I thought the price was $650 :rolleyes: not $6500

Had that been the case, the HFC's already dicey e-mail/PM system would have seized up completely. And "immediately" would have been too slow to score a Virt for that price on here.

When I first saw this post I thought the price was $650 :rolleyes: not $6500

Had that been the case, the HFC's already dicey e-mail/PM system would have seized up completely. And "immediately" would have been too slow to score a Virt for that price on here.

I am considering offers, but $650 is a tad low... java script:emoticon(';)',%20'smid_15')

Going to pull the listing shortly. Thank you to all for the GREAT offers. I am glad the guitar is appreciated as it is.

Certainly listening to all offers and none have been ignored.

Thanks Hamer community - if I do pull the trigger on one of the offers (parting is very difficult lets just put it that way) I will always feel good about knowing I had her for awhile. Virt's rule.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Will resurrect this topic from the dead just because it contains a picture of my preferred Virtuoso EVER. Jason, do you still have it, four years later? :rolleyes:

Will resurrect this topic from the dead just because it contains a picture of my preferred Virtuoso EVER. Jason, do you still have it, four years later? :rolleyes:

you might consider contacting Hamer - my white Virt spent some time out there last year, so I know they have had one around for reference if somebody orders a new one. I know a few folks have been surprised at some of the recent (more reasonable) price quotes, so it might not be out of the question to get a fresh new one. Just sayin' lol...

Archived