Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Custom Order - Maple Top Select !

Guest pirateflynn

Guest pirateflynn

Right on the heels of brinkmanship's color sample comes my top wood sample. I'm going for a cross between highly figured and vintage figured. Flecks, mineral streaks, water staining - it's all good with me.

I love tops like Kiz's Keebler and Matte's/ Poe's/ Austin's Baker.

How'd I do?

topwoodfinal.jpg

...... oh by the way elduave is a peach.

You got wood...I got wood...

That's fantastic! Can't wait to see what that's gonna turn into soon.

Guest brinkmanship

That looks awesome. I'm full of questions! How do you go about selecting a top. Did you have to go to the factory or do they send you photos? Do they only allow top selection with Ultimate tops? What model are you doing? What color is that gonna be? Thats GORGEOUS!

That looks awesome. I'm full of questions! How do you go about selecting a top. Did you have to go to the factory or do they send you photos? Do they only allow top selection with Ultimate tops? What model are you doing? What color is that gonna be? Thats GORGEOUS!

When Hamer used to have events at the factory, they'd have people doing custom orders back into the wood room where you could pick your top. That was cool and unless you were doing an Ultimate top (AAAA), you didn't have an upcharge. The AAA tops were better than 99% of the PRS "10 tops" I've seen. (IIRC, there really isn't a "AAAAA" grade for tops, kind of like "rare black korina", being sales pitchy stuff, but I could be mistaken-that recollection goes way back, but I'm also not a wood grader).

Hamer has long been known to reject wood that other builders use as "premium".

Guest pirateflynn

I'm not exactly getting a vintage vibe from that top, but I like it!

-Austin

Let's just say I have a romantic vision!

I am stoked.

Archived