Hamer Fan Club Message Center

´78 hamer sunburst # 8 0510 on german ebay - not mine

I'm going to need an interpreter.

This is close to understandable...

"electronic guitar of Hamer America of USA - in the color Sunburst - the guitar is needed - the sound is well so far we that judge can - (are however no experts for that)

At the neck / handle with real mother-of-pearl inlays, both holders for a cape belt are mounted also.

all sides are available

The guitar becomes to see so sold like on the pictures."

The only thing I would want to know is if the neck had a case of the twisties, as a lot of the early bound and crowned necks had. Other than that, a '78 B&C is the s-h-i-t!

The only thing I would want to know is if the neck had a case of the twisties, as a lot of the early bound and crowned necks had. Other than that, a '78 B&C is the s-h-i-t!

Is there any hope of addressing the problem if the twisting is mild?

Guest pirateflynn

Thanks Kiz! That's good enough for me. I'll take it.

Both holders for the cape belt are also mounted! - I happened to own a cape belt.

Sure, and even if it isn't. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

It could involve a refret, a neck plane, or other guitar tech tricks that I don't know.

hi folks,

the description sounds like from someone who has no glue about that guitar.

i looked through the items they sold, mostly lego toys. the sellers has not a bad profile.

the guitar is currently at usd 1.043,59 still 21 hours left.

so i think it is interesting for european buyers.

here the translation like they wrote:

electronical guitar from hamer america usa - sunburst finish - the guitar is used - the sound is good according to our opinion - (but we are no experts for that).

the fretboard has perl inlays, bot strap buttons are there.

all strings are available.

brgds gerry

elektronische Gitarre von Hamer Amerika USA - in der Farbe Sunburst - Die Gitarre ist gebraucht - der Klang ist gut soweit wir das beurteilen können - ( Sind aber keine Experten dafür )

Am Hals / Griff mit echte Perlmutteinlegearbeiten , beide Halter für einen Umhängegurt sind auch angebracht.

alle Seiten sind vorhanden,

Die Gitarre wird so verkauft wie auf den Bildern zu sehen.

Guest pirateflynn

Well, it's definately not prefered. The neck can be planed so that it is straight again but the headstock will stay twisted and the neck binding will also tell the story . If you already own one that has a twist in it, get a good guy to fix it up for you. I've been told they will play just as nice in the end.

yeah - what kiz said

This is close to understandable...

"electronic guitar of Hamer America of USA - in the color Sunburst - the guitar is needed - the sound is well so far we that judge can - (are however no experts for that)

At the neck / handle with real mother-of-pearl inlays, both holders for a cape belt are mounted also.

all sides are available

The guitar becomes to see so sold like on the pictures."

hey buddy, that translation is even worse than the original decription :):):)

Yea, I know, but what do you want from a free Internet language translator?

I don't know about you, but I'm heading out soon to buy me some cape belts!

i know that it comes from a translation program. i would not say that if i feel the translation came from you.

:)

hey buddy, that translation is even worse than the original decription :):P:D

i know that it comes from a translation program. i would not say that if i feel the translation came from you.

:D

:)

hey buddy, that translation is even worse than the original decription :):P:D

:D

I knew that you were joking.

I knew that you were joking.

are sunburst now at 2 grand ???

Unmolested early bound and crowned ones are for sure.

Around how much do you think one with the original pickups, but not crowned and bound, maybe a little beat up cosmetically would go for? Maybe in the 1500$ range?

thanks,

rob

Around how much do you think one with the original pickups, but not crowned and bound, maybe a little beat up cosmetically would go for? Maybe in the 1500$ range?

thanks,

rob

Dot necks can go low or high, depending on the tide. Recently they have been on the slide, where at one time any early Sunburst was money in the bank.

The buyer took a high risk, there is no case available and the seller was not willing to send more and detailed pics.

I was willing to pay more if I had any clue on the real condition of the guitar.

A question on the neck was just answered with : the guitar is sold as seen in the pictures.

That ringed some alarms for me.

I am also wondering if a guitar has to be shipped to the States, what's the real cost : do you have to pay import duties or custom handling costs ?

thanks,

rob

Dot necks can go low or high, depending on the tide. Recently they have been on the slide, where at one time any early Sunburst was money in the bank.

Um, not sure about this. I've had several inquiries in the past few weeks and know of several sales that indicate to me that the 77-79 Sunbursts, particularly B/C ones are escalating. I get at least two inquiries a week for old Sunbursts and have since October, pretty much every week. I think there were two weeks when I only got one inquiry, so there's a demand for sure. Most are non-HFCers contacting me from other boards actually. Most people understand that the bound and crowned ones are really hard to find and are buying up the dot ones. The '79 Sunburst I had that I sold earlier this year was sort of a tone benchmark for me as to what a guitar should sound like. Agreed that dot necks are going for a little less, but I haven't seen a b/c pre-79 go for under $2500 in a while.

thanks,

rob

Um, not sure about this. I've had several inquiries in the past few weeks and know of several sales that indicate to me that the 77-79 Sunbursts, particularly B/C ones are escalating. I get at least two inquiries a week for old Sunbursts and have since October, pretty much every week. I think there were two weeks when I only got one inquiry, so there's a demand for sure. Most are non-HFCers contacting me from other boards actually. Most people understand that the bound and crowned ones are really hard to find and are buying up the dot ones. The '79 Sunburst I had that I sold earlier this year was sort of a tone benchmark for me as to what a guitar should sound like. Agreed that dot necks are going for a little less, but I haven't seen a b/c pre-79 go for under $2500 in a while.

I hope it stays regular for a little while longer I'm moving a couple of guitars to make room for one more Sunburst.

thanks,

rob

Serial - isn't that what I said?

thanks,

rob

Serial - isn't that what I said?

I thought you were indicating that Sunbursts were on a slide. Just the opposite seems to be the case-they seem to be the hottest Hamers at the moment.

Archived