Hamer Fan Club Message Center

´78 hamer sunburst # 8 0510 on german ebay - not mine

The buyer took a high risk, there is no case available and the seller was not willing to send more and detailed pics.

I was willing to pay more if I had any clue on the real condition of the guitar.

A question on the neck was just answered with : the guitar is sold as seen in the pictures.

That ringed some alarms for me.

I am also wondering if a guitar has to be shipped to the States, what's the real cost : do you have to pay import duties or custom handling costs ?

I agree with Conrad. The seller wasn't communicative at all. If the seller answered my questions about condition and possible issues i would have picked up the guitar personally.

Taxes and custom handling costs should be 400-450 USD plus shipping. I wonder if the seller ships without case. Best of luck to the buyer.

I thought you were indicating that Sunbursts were on a slide. Just the opposite seems to be the case-they seem to be the hottest Hamers at the moment.

I said dot necks were on the slide, and they are, compared to what they sold for only a couple of years ago. They may be on a recent upturn, but don't compare the mint condition/rare color examples that you have moved in recent months. The early B&C ones have always been steady.

I got regular offers of 2500 $ and more for a '77 dot...., but that's a good one for sure.

Two differences in your case: There were only a few '77s made, so they're automatically valuable, and you're not in the USA. $2500 for a '77 in your neck of the woods might even be a little low.

Guest pirateflynn

I got regular offers of 2500 $ and more for a '77 dot...., but that's a good one for sure.

How much for the flight case?

:)

How much for the flight case?

:)

:):)

Guest pirateflynn

I hope it stays regular for a little while longer I'm moving a couple of guitars to make room for one more Sunburst.

Here's a shot I took the bubs_42 '79 Sunburst:

nullDSCN1364.jpg

A great looking guitar!

Archived