Hamer Fan Club Message Center

south of heaven

since work is slow I'm pulling out a few old albums I havent listened to in awhile and doing some stuff around the house

south of heaven ... DAMN is this album is as good as I think it is? the only Slayer I've ever owned. are any of the other albums as good?

No, and no.

since work is slow I'm pulling out a few old albums I havent listened to in awhile and doing some stuff around the house

south of heaven ... DAMN is this album is as good as I think it is? the only Slayer I've ever owned. are any of the other albums as good?

don't know about albums but aside from the song south of heaven i love the song reign in blood(sickest gallop of alltime), angel of death of course is a metal classic..........................

This too is my favorite Slayer album. I prefer the slower tempos. I did a phone interview with Dave Lombardo for the college newspaper when SOH came out and in exchange for the tear sheet I got free tix from the label rep for the Slayer/Motorhead/Overkill show. The opened with the title track and it was EPIC!

It's a great album, check out Seasons in the Abyss and Reign in Blood.

Absolutely. Or "Live. Decade of Aggression"

buzzwrecker! :lol:

I hung-out with guitarist Kerry King on a few occasions back in the mid-to-late '80s period of "Hell Awaits"/"South Of Heaven"/"Reign In Blood". One hell of a nice, mild-mannered, soft spoken guy most of the time. We had the opportunity for a few friendly "chats" about tempo and melody... B)

He was nice enough to put me on the guest list for a few of their local SoCal shows back in those days, but I only managed to take him up on it once.

OTOH, bassist Tom Araya was one of the creepiest characters I've ever had the displeasure of spending time in the same room with, thank you... B):lol::D:D

Hey, I'm not totally knocking their music. It definitely has its time and place.

In addition to the other fine suggestions, I'd like to add "Divine Intervention" to the convo. The drummer on that CD is equally as sick as Lombardo. The first track is killer!!!

That's the only other Slayer album I have. Bostaph is indeed a badass.

Kerry King used to hang out at a local club. I was a big fan until I met him in person. Pretty much a prick.

Kerry King used to hang out at a local club. I was a big fan until I met him in person. Pretty much a prick.

Did you meet him recently? Seems he's gone the way of Zakk Wylde of late and adopted a pro wrestler persona (not to mention a "market yourself at all costs" mentality).

People change.

It was hard for me to believe he was in that kind of band back in those days.

Did you meet him recently? Seems he's gone the way of Zakk Wylde of late and adopted a pro wrestler persona (not to mention a "market yourself at all costs" mentality).

Maybe 4-5 years ago. I ran into him a few times. I acted normal to him the first couple times then I Just mentioned to him that I was a huge fan of Slayer, he wouldn't even respond. He used to get people thrown out of the club for recognizing him and being excited to meet him.

Not a big Slayer fan back in the day but I took two of my young nephews to their first concert a few years back with Slayer, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath. They rocked, not as good as the other too but much better than all those are crappy new metal bands they had at Ozzfest.

They we listening to Lincoln Park, Greenday and all the other crappy shit they play on the radio up until that concert. Over the last few years they drag me to every Slayer show in Cleveland. They have some cool songs but god are they LOUD! I wear earplugs and earmuffs and wrap a bandanna around my heat. I look like freaking Bret Michaels minus the looks.

They have some cool songs but god are they LOUD! I wear earplugs and earmuffs and wrap a bandanna around my heat. I look like freaking Bret Michaels minus the looks.

Now that's hilarious!!!! I laughed for a solid minute after reading that!!! JohnnyThunders, you're my new favorite forum member!

OTOH, bassist Tom Araya was one of the creepiest characters I've ever had the displeasure of spending time in the same room with, thank you... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

That's impossible...Araya is Chilean! ;)

Jorge, he is funny as fuck and was just getting a rise out of you and was laughing his bag off inside.

Archived