Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"Get Over Yourself" Guitar Solos

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Zappa's solo on "Dirty Love". The first 3-4 notes have the most amazing tone!

Kid Charlemagne from Steely Dan. Larry Carlton's best solo ever. I'm in awe every time I hear it. It covers rock, jazz, blues all in one solo - amazing!

Forgot about The Dan.

Denny Dias' solo in "Rikki" is another classic (at least I thought it was DD).

Jon Brion's solo in "Same Thing" from the Grays' "Ro Sham Bo". Hits right where it should.

Rick Witkowski's solo in "Hot Razors" (Crack the Sky)

J. Mascis' solo(s) in "Out There". Talk about falling down stairs and landing on your feet - he's the master of that!

Thanks, Ken!

Guest pirateflynn

His solo in 'Change of the Guard' is blistering ..... I love it when the amp sounds like it might explode!

Your welcome brother.

Jimi Hendrix - Isabella (Live version) This whole tune is a guitar showpiece, great phrasing as welll as rythm

Marty Friedman - Tornado of Souls (Megadeth Rust in Piece) Technique, feel and phrasing...gets me everytime I hear it

SRV - Little Wing Heard this on the radio in the middle of shred years (I was 18) and it blew me away

Metallica - Master of Puppets The break down section then harmonized solo is just big piece of shiny-metal beauty

Metallica - Orion Again, the slow part in the middle led off by Cliff on the bass, slow bending harmonized goodness

Jason Becker - Tell the Truth (David Lee Roth A Little Aint Enough) Aggressive Blues from a masterful shredder, his bends and vibrato are perfection

Yngwie Malmsteen - Marching Out I know, I know but doubters need to listen to this track that starts out with the usual NeoClassical intro but develops into a very bluesy and soulful lead that defies his reputation for a speed demon

:D

Jimi Hendrix - Isabella (Live version) This whole tune is a guitar showpiece, great phrasing as welll as rythm

Marty Friedman - Tornado of Souls (Megadeth Rust in Piece) Technique, feel and phrasing...gets me everytime I hear it

SRV - Little Wing Heard this on the radio in the middle of shred years (I was 18) and it blew me away

Metallica - Master of Puppets The break down section then harmonized solo is just big piece of shiny-metal beauty

Metallica - Orion Again, the slow part in the middle led off by Cliff on the bass, slow bending harmonized goodness

Jason Becker - Tell the Truth (David Lee Roth A Little Aint Enough) Aggressive Blues from a masterful shredder, his bends and vibrato are perfection

Yngwie Malmsteen - Marching Out I know, I know but doubters need to listen to this track that starts out with the usual NeoClassical intro but develops into a very bluesy and soulful lead that defies his reputation for a speed demon

thwap.gif

Robert Quine: "Girlfriend"

Word.

Also, I'll add the solo from "Here She Comes Again" by the Cars (more Easton) and the cool little 12-string guitar fill from "Free Falling"--the low notes 'dum-dum-dum-dum...de-de-dum'--which is pretty much the whole point of the song. The rest of it is just the framework for that part, IMO. :D

thwap.gif

GEEZ!! Doesn't anybody read a fucking thing anymore? My head's hurting here!!!

Guys-this isn't a post about wankers or solos over two bars or so!

nothing wrong with speed dude and yngwie has great vibrato and is just a great player....................

thwap.gif

Between that and this ...

"Here She Comes Again" by the Cars

... my head's about to cave in.

nothing wrong with speed dude and yngwie has great vibrato and is just a great player....................

There's a lot wrong with it when it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREMISE OF THIS THREAD!

thwap.gif

Between that and this ...

"Here She Comes Again" by the Cars

... my head's about to cave in.

There's a lot wrong with it when it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREMISE OF THIS THREAD!

dude mentioned "iconic guitar solo's" and besides as guitar players who wants a little short solo????????????

dude mentioned "iconic guitar solo's" and besides as guitar players who wants a little short solo????????????

Maybe someone who steered this thread off course did, but the OP certainly didn't.

"Someone mentioned the Candy-O solo in the "Iconic Guitar Solos" thread, and it got me thinking down this road"...............and i have a 10 inch penis..................

"Someone mentioned the Candy-O solo in the "Iconic Guitar Solos" thread, and it got me thinking down this road"...............and i have a 10 inch penis..................

And a reading comprehension problem, apparently.

And a reading comprehension problem, apparently.

we all can't be perfect, rock on bro..............

I plan on it as I listen to the guitar solo in Whitney Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You."

Oh wait. THERE ISN'T ONE!

I plan on it as I listen to the guitar solo in Whitney Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You."

Oh wait. THERE ISN'T ONE!

a tragic oversight, some sweep arpeggios would've taken that one over the top............

a tragic oversight, some sweep arpeggios would've taken that one over the top............

I've always longed for some raking, too. The best guitar techniques are the ones that share a name with a landscaping task.

I've always longed for some raking, too. The best guitar techniques are the ones that share a name with a landscaping task.

lol, good one bro............

Well, that would explain why my solos remind everyone of fertilizer.

Archived