Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1984 Standard 0734 in the house w/ lots-O-photos

RoyB

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey RoyB,

Great job on the restoration of that old Hamer Standard. Too bad the seller misrepresented it on E-bay. I liked how you stripped off the ugly finish, took off the veneer, cleaned it up, put a wood block where the Kahler tremolo was routed, and glued on a new veneer top. I'd like to see you install the binding and redo the finish on that guitar. It reminds me of my friend's Standard with crown inlay & bound binding /w Kahler that he used to have in the late '80s.

Guitar George

Hey RoyB,

Great job on the restoration of that old Hamer Standard. Too bad the seller misrepresented it on E-bay. I liked how you stripped off the ugly finish, took off the veneer, cleaned it up, put a wood block where the Kahler tremolo was routed, and glued on a new veneer top. I'd like to see you install the binding and redo the finish on that guitar. It reminds me of my friend's Standard with crown inlay & bound binding /w Kahler that he used to have in the late '80s.

Guitar George

The binding is already done and there are photos in this topic of it both going on and all cleaned up. Finsih starts tomorrow (at least the sealer).

First of all, I'm totally impressed by your composure and demeanor. That guitar will sing when it's finally re-born. Kudos to you for giving her the TLC she deserves.

May the eBay gremlins hack that dudes account and post imported fake handbags in his name (happened to me!)! Haha!

I can't wait to see the next series of photos. This is like a cliff hanger... good luck!

It ceases to amaze me how awful people can be!

All the work you've done on The Standard looks incredible!

You definitely know what your doing!

You can almost imagine that guitar going "AHHHHHHHH" as the first coats is going on it. :D:lol:

Perhaps it will forget it's wild Zebra days in the Northwest. :rolleyes:B);):D

You can almost imagine that guitar going "AHHHHHHHH" as the first coats is going on it. :D:lol:

Perhaps it will forget it's wild Zebra days in the Northwest. :rolleyes:;):P:D

I can honestly say I busted my ass to make sure there was no trace if zebra to be found on the guitar B)

I know we are saying it--The Standard looks incredible!

It is so cool to see a Master's Work as it progresses!

It makes me appreciate how good Hamers are all the more.

Ted

I know we are saying it--The Standard looks incredible!

It is so cool to see a Master's Work as it progresses!

It makes me appreciate how good Hamers are all the more.

Ted

Thanks for the kind words. Tomorrow should be fun because I hope to have color on it then.

Well it took a little longer than I thought it would to get back to work on this, but here she is with the color on.

color.jpg

color3.jpg

color2.jpg

color1.jpg

Archived