Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1984 Standard 0734 in the house w/ lots-O-photos

RoyB

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, what is that hanging next to that Golden Beauty? :lol::rolleyes::D

It's a guitar we are working on for Jon Shaffer of Iced Earth that in the same series as this one.

DSCN1493.jpg

We prep, clear and build these and Sara Ray does the hand painting.

Well I've looked at the yellow Standard for a couple of days and it just did not do it for me, so I added a slight faded burst and hit it with three coats of clear. Now I'm all about the look of this guitar. A little more clear and it's off to drying.

burstcleared2.jpg

burstcleared.jpg

burstcleared1.jpg

A SLIGHT bit darker around the edges and that would nail my old four digit (#0326). Looks GREAT!

A SLIGHT bit darker around the edges and that would nail my old four digit (#0326). Looks GREAT!

This post means nothing with out a photo :o

Now THAT'S a restoration! Great work, RB!

That flat out rocks. Incredible refin. Hey, I've been meaning to ask what happened to the bridge pickup route in the corner...is that deliberate?

That's where the pickup wires go and it looks like from the factory they drilled it real high in the cavity. I tried to keep the veneer there but on the last cleanup both layers just started flaking loose. The ring covers it, so it's no big deal with all the issues the guitar had to start with.

What you have done here is just fantastic!! :lol: I wish I had your talent in wood work. That guitar was not only saved from savage abuse, it now looks better than before :o

This post means nothing with out a photo :o

Wish I had some in digital format, but that was one I had a long time ago and the first one I actually let go, maybe 8 years ago or so. Had a Kahler "mod" to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went in to wet sand and rough buff the finish today, so here is where it is at this point. I hope by mid week to have it done.

buffed1.jpg

buffed.jpg

buffed2.jpg

Archived