Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1984 Standard 0734 in the house w/ lots-O-photos

RoyB

Well I went in to wet sand and rough buff the finish today, so here is where it is at this point. I hope by mid week to have it done.

buffed1.jpg

buffed.jpg

buffed2.jpg

that turned out different than what i had in my head but it's better.. Your going to have a unique one !

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, Roy! You definitely set a new "Standard" around here... :lol:

Well I went in to wet sand and rough buff the finish today, so here is where it is at this point. I hope by mid week to have it done.
that turned out different than what i had in my head but it's better.. Your going to have a unique one !

Why the quoting to include the photos?

Do I need to update the FAQ page?

Looking at those photos they just look nothing like the guitar for some reason, so I tried again after I lightly aged the finish (yep I did not want a brand new 84 Standard) and I think this really shows what the guitar looks like.

aged3.jpg

aged1.jpg

aged2.jpg

And I took a quick shot the the parts test fitted.

testbuild.jpg

Man, this thread has got me into a desperate need of refinishing the top of my white Vector -- still on Nick's hands.

Hats off!

testbuild.jpg

You Sir, I Love/Hate! ;):lol::D;):D

That Standard looks so nice. BTW, I get my Mighty Hamer on Tuesday if all has went as planned. Thanks for the gear and I cant wait to hear it.

Man, this thread has got me into a desperate need of refinishing the top of my white Vector -- still on Nick's hands.

Hats off!

We need to go check out that guy I told you about.

Are you going to send the transformation pics to the seller? I would.
I think a letter bomb would be more apropos.

I'm a proponent of the Flaming Bag o'Shit, myself.

Well the plans I had today fell through, so I went to the shop to work on the Standard and after all this work it's done!

Here she is all finished and set up.

theend.jpg

and here I am with it like a proud poppa.

proudpoppa.jpg

It's a great sounding guitar and I can't believe it's weight because it's only 8lbs. Now if anyone has an extra toggle switch back plate they can spare let me know because this guitar has a junker home makde one on it. Well it's been fun, so I hole you enjoyed it as well.

"Now if anyone has an extra toggle switch back plate they can spare let me know "

I have a few layin around............

Can ya spare one? If so shoot me a PM.

Archived