Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1984 Standard 0734 in the house w/ lots-O-photos

RoyB

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a damned shame. If it was me and I pulled the shitty sticky guitar outta the box, I woulda sent it back to get my money back. Good Luck bringing it back from the dead.

That's a damned shame. If it was me and I pulled the shitty sticky guitar outta the box, I woulda sent it back to get my money back. Good Luck bringing it back from the dead.

That was not an option because the auction was as is.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's been a cool restoration. The best part is that after all the work the guitar plays get and was worth all the work.

Thanks for taking us through the restoration of this guitar, this has been one of my favorite threads ever on the HFC. I love seeing stuff like this brought back from the dead. You better put a little tiger on it somewhere, that thing eats zebras. To me that guitar looks better than new.

Huh? He done did it, and I'd say the fact that the guitar was effed was a blessing in disguise!

You better put a little tiger on it somewhere, that thing eats zebras. To me that guitar looks better than new.

Maybe on the toggle switch back plate? :lol:

Roy, so how much did you end up having to invest in this project, time-wise and money-wise?

Don't hafta answer if you won't wanna. Just curious.

You better put a little tiger on it somewhere, that thing eats zebras. To me that guitar looks better than new.

Maybe on the toggle switch back plate? :lol:

Roy, so how much did you end up having to invest in this project, time-wise and money-wise?

Don't hafta answer if you won't wanna. Just curious.

Two months of time and about $150 on top of the $1500 I paid for the guitar is how it worked out.

Man, you are one serious artist. Fabulous!

+1 -- I'm speechless!

GREAT work and a perfect look after it is all done. Now we need to see the Kahlered original (pre-zebra), the Zebra-fied state and the finished product all in a row for the "before", "after", and "after - after" effect. That wood has been throgh some journey but it probably never looked better since the day it left Illinois back in the day. Love the corner chippage, too - bold move after all that beautification to go and rough it up. :lol: . Z

PLEASE don't let ANYONE touch a Sharpie to that guitar! That thing is beautiful!

Ditto!

That guitar has endured enough in it's 24 years, and now looks PERFECT. :lol:

Archived