Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who actually owns a full stack?

I've only got a half stack. Now I kind of feel like less of a man. : (

I'm getting my first apartment in 20 years this weekend, I'll be in it alone (aka no female to tell me how it should be decorated) and I have been going back and forth on exactly how to adorn it.

This thread has me thinking I'm needing some 4x12s. Maybe I can find an old 80s touring dummy stack and convert it to a TV and stereo stand LOL

As for me, Boogie Mark III 1x12 combo parked on a matching 1x12 Thiele. "Stack" concept and the Thiele gives it a nice closed-back thump, but it fits very easily on the back seat of my Saturn. I love the tone and of course the look of 4x12s but I don't miss transporting them at all because I've never had my own truck to get to and from gigs.

I love the tone and of course the look of 4x12s but I don't miss transporting them at all because I've never had my own truck to get to and from gigs.

That's what I love about the Tonemasters. The most portable high-quality 4x12s I know of. One person can lift 'em, and they fit in a deep trunk like the one in my Taurus. They can be had cheaply too; both of mine came in well under the HFC-approved price.

Ha ha! I saw that one too...

Guest nitropaul

Ha ha! I saw that one too...

For years I took out a TSL 60 head, a hiwatt and old "Mars" cab. My oldest snapped off the "shall" when he was a baby. Started leaving the Mars cab home and did the half stack. These days i'm lazy; I Tore the brain out of an old line6 combo, put the handle back on it, and run it thru an over-sized homemade 2x12 w/red fangs in it. whole set-up fits in the trunk.

This Hamer buzz is rubbing off, bad! started thinking about standards again; Haven't thought about one since I saw Cheap trick play in the gym at Bentley college, w/Rick Derringer opening (THATS old!) great guitars, never picked up a bad one.

PD

I have no room for a stack.

Getting the Ephiphone Valve Jr. Extension Cab for my Epi head.

I have been also searching for a Marshall Micro Stack, to go with my 12W Lead head.

We play in a small (I mean a really tiny) bar and I take my Genz Benz El Diablo 100 and 2 Marshall

Vintage cabinets (25 watt Greenbacks) The GB is the only head I can turn down and still sound HUGE.

I tried taking my GB Combo but the other guys in the band said it didn't sound as full. They don't mind helping to carry it so WTF why not.

See it tonight in Bechtelsville Pa.

Guest nitropaul

We play in a small (I mean a really tiny) bar and I take my Genz Benz El Diablo 100 and 2 Marshall

Vintage cabinets (25 watt Greenbacks) The GB is the only head I can turn down and still sound HUGE.

I tried taking my GB Combo but the other guys in the band said it didn't sound as full. They don't mind helping to carry it so WTF why not.

See it tonight in Bechtelsville Pa.

Maple Grove country! see you in Aug. at the drags!

i still have 2 of the 4/12 cabs i used to gig with, they make nice tables for my racks in the midi studio hehe.

in the old days i would run 2 stage left and 2 stage right. (overkill to be sure)

i have a cpl of mesa 2/12's that i use to play out now. a-lot easier on the 30-something year old back =)

http://www.myspace.com/christopherleesguitarshop

Archived