Hamer Fan Club Message Center

just tooo much stuff. Great bike ... classic looks ... black with new tires. runs great! all original except for modern gel battery and halogen headlight. 28, 000 original miles. RARE toaster tank model !

$4500

ooooh -- loved my old R60/5 toaster -- got pix? in what part of the California Republic do you live?

45mpg??!!! 28k miles??!!! Get out there on PCH 101 & let it breathe a bit b4 you decide to sell.

A thoroughbred tide down in the stable.

Its a crime.

caddie

ps-sold if you include shipping, hendling, packaging & insurance (to 60540)....and a tune up, and a package of .011 strings

45mpg??!!! 28k miles??!!! Get out there on PCH 101 & let it breathe a bit b4 you decide to sell.

A thoroughbred tide down in the stable.

Its a crime.

caddie

ps-sold if you include shipping, hendling, packaging & insurance (to 60540)....and a tune up, and a package of .011 strings

Caddie, I'll happily jet out there and "fetch" it back to the midwest for you :D . Last time I went the other way (MN to CA) on my Triumph and it was quick but exciting :lol:. I spent a month up and down the PCH and "over the hill" (mountain) daily and really learned a lot about riding that bike. Get out there and flog that Beemer, Punkavenger! Z

• 2 weeks later...

price adjusted upwards to $4700, seriously ... gas is over 5 bucks a gallon at several stations around town now ... and I'm pissed that just a bunch of weirdos have come out to see it ... I'd use it as primary transpo myself now but I'm always going to pick up lumber or paint or other stuff that I need a truck for...

That is some badass motocycling right their my frens.

I had something similar in Spain 18 years ago. Felt rather Hemmingwayish flitting about the countryside I did.

I want it just to put in my living room to stare at!

it'd be nice to see an old Airhead around these parts, running, that is. The BMW Motorrad dealers in Korea all have a few old bikes restored to at least physically new condition, but they're part of the decor, not for riding or for sale. Sad.

I hope to get around to owning a boxer one of these days, but I'm having quite a time with my F800S parallel twin. I love how while BMW cars are so mainstream and for the social-ladder-climbing conformists (for the most part), BMW bikes are for the outright eccentric motorcyclists with outright bizarre engineering - you either get it and love it, or you don't and look at the things as weird two-wheeled aberrations.

Here's me with the final evolution of the Boxer Twin engine - at least they wrapped it up nice in tons of carbon fiber:

SUC30041.jpg

I did not buy it - it sold for $40,000!

Archived