Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I'd Appreciate Your Prayers, Vibes and Thoughts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1, and congrats for being man enough to see a doctor when you're not feeling good! Early detection leads to early treatment leads to early recovery and many more happy years!

Well since nobody has sent mojo yet, I'll send all I can muster from here in CT.

))))))))))))))))))))))MOJO(((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Dear Penthouse, ooops, I mean... Dear HFC:

I never thought this would happen to me. Ok, maybe I thought it was possible.

Long story long, I went to a pulmonologist a week and a half ago to get more help with my asthma and she saw something on my x-ray that she didn't like. It wasn't on my last x-ray in January 2007. I had a CT scan the next day which showed a 1.5cm (remember your metric system? ) nodule in the lower lobe of my left lung and a nearby inflamed lymph node. Today I had a PET Scan to try and determine whether it is cancer or something else. Well, it lit up and she called it "borderline mild" positive results. For anyone in the know, the uptake was 4-5. But the lymph node had a 3.5 uptake.

I still don't know what it is, but it's likely to be cancer. I am being scheduled for a CT guided needle biopsy to finally determine what it is since it could be inflammation, but I don't know how likely that is.

I will turn 45 in September. I smoked lightly for maybe 2 years in college (1/2 pack/day?)

As you might guess, I'm looking for all the help I can get so your prayers, thoughts, vibes, good wishes and even tree fiddy jokes would be appreciated. Advice from the cancer survivors would be helpful as well.

Sorry I can't be at BCR's on Saturday!

From another Columbusite, DO NOT let depression get the best of you. Stay busy. My best friend in the world was diagnosed with liver cancer and had half of it removed last year. We found out last week it is back and he is in the process of getting on the liver donor list (That and the insurance company hassles is enough to weaken the biggest man)

I myself have been recovering from "castastrophic injuries" I encountered in January. Depression is the biggest concern for myself and my buddy. We are both keeping each others spirits up.

The main thing is that, and it is a cliche, you begin to see how trival some problems are now that you thought were major before, and how important friends and family are.

Keep the faith and remember there are many, many great doctors here in town. And I am sure you have a great family and friends.

Good Luck with everything,

Mike (custom53)

Lord,

You know.

So I really don't even have to ask.

But I will anyways... please be with our friend. Your peace and strength on him. Your healing touch is what David needs.

Thank you for hearing me Father.

Hope it's a false alarm, buddy. But if not, do what it takes to beat it into submission.

I'm thinking positive thoughts.

ask for alot of good IV drugs. they're legal. the more you whine, the more they give you. "on a scale of 1-10, how is your pain?"

always answer 9

seriously, good luck, give em heck. Call me if you need an interpretation.

dave

talked to your doctor and he made a mistake

it was 3.50 cm

best wishes

Damn Al, that was freaking hilarious!!!

I must say that I am truly touched by the support I'm getting here. I've always been on the other side and now have a real appreciation for what it means and what it does. Thanks to each and every one of you. I'll let you know when they tell me I'm lucky that I was in the 10% inaccuracy and it's just inflammation. If not, I'll let you know what they're gonna do to save my fat ass. Either way, I'll be around to offer tree fiddy for your 2k guitar for a while.

And Zoner, a public thanks for your PM.

You guys rawk.

Archived