Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Living Colour CD eBay: $1025.00!!!!!

Why so expensive? Am I missing something?

I guess because some collector got a boner because it is in the The Original Longbox packaging.

Man I gave that CD away years ago. Oh alas the longbox was long gone..

I couldn't stand Vernon Reid's crappy buzzsaw guitar sound.

Plus the douchetastic preachyness of "Open letter to a Landlord"

A fool

His money

You can tear a building down, but you can't erase a memory.... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, Reid's tone was sweet!

-Austin

You can tear a building down, but you can't erase a memory.... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, Reid's tone was sweet!

-Austin

I actually really liked (and still like) that album. I saw them 3 or 4 times as they came through Chicago back in the day. I remember the Bass and drums where soooooo hooked up live, and Vernon was a show all by himself. His solos make more sense while you watch him tumbling around the stage. I dug the times when he would produce this wall of "texture" playing full blast, flying around and then just hooked a tasty riff right back into the tune. Like a highwire act. Lots of fun, and fresh at the time.

Mark.

Wow! There's a buyer for everything.

Once, I got $400 for an import "Hendrix in the West" CD. I thought I won the lottery. If you've never heard that CD, Jimi is on freakin' fire. Every time I listen to him play the opening cut, Johnny B Goode, I want to quit playin' the guitar.

Wow! There's a buyer for everything.

Once, I got $400 for an import "Hendrix in the West" CD. I thought I won the lottery. If you've never heard that CD, Jimi is on freakin' fire. Every time I listen to him play the opening cut, Johnny B Goode, I want to quit playin' the guitar.

I had that on vinyl. Loaned it to someone decades ago and didn't get it back.

Wonder what *that* would be worth today...

And, yes, i believe that is the best version of JBG i've *ever* heard, Michael J Fox included. :rolleyes:

No disrespect to Mr. Berry, mind you. I place him a close second. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, maybe I should put my Let's Active CD up (the one with "Waters Part" on it). Last time I saw that one auctioned, it went for close to $200.

I think it's around somewhere-like in my Get Smart lunchbox...

That album was a revelation for me, a huge breath of fresh air amid some serious crap, especially in the hard rock world. Vernon Reid can do no wrong in my book.

That album was a revelation for me, a huge breath of fresh air amid some serious crap, especially in the hard rock world. Vernon Reid can do no wrong in my book.

"What's your favorite colour?" and "Love rears it's ugly head" are two of my all time favorite songs!!

"What's your favorite colour?" and "Love rears it's ugly head" are two of my all time favorite songs!!

Their Talking Heads cover "Memories Can't Wait" is BLAZIN'! "Desperate People" and "Middle Man" ain't too shabby either. "Glamour Boys" is their only worthless song IMO. Has Mick Jagger's "Let's Work" influence all over it.

Vivid and Time's Up stand up well -- Two great albums. As for Hendrix in the West and Johnny B Goode, you can find this version of Johnny B Goode on the 4 CD Experience/Hendrix box set. You can also find Jimi's jaw-droppingly good best live version of Red House in the same collection.

Vivid and Time's Up stand up well -- Two great albums. As for Hendrix in the West and Johnny B Goode, you can find this version of Johnny B Goode on the 4 CD Experience/Hendrix box set. You can also find Jimi's jaw-droppingly good best live version of Red House in the same collection.

I have both " Vivid " & " Hendrix In The West " on vinyl. I love it!

Archived