Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone ever hear of a Korina T-51?

Would that not take away some of the snappiness of a Telecaster styled guitar?

Good question. I thought it might brighten the tone up even more than it already is, making the twang a supertwang so to speak. I plan on checking out the Warmoth site, and if I can find a Hamer T-51 neck to go with it, who knows?

Thanks for the link!

sk

YUM!!!

But sadly not yet. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thought the thread title might grab your attention, Gene! :rolleyes:

Figured you would know about all things Korina!

sk

PS... Good luck with the Scepter project. Keep the pictures coming as it comes along....

Warmoth offers a Tele body in korina. You could experiment if you want to spend the bucks.

Holy Guacamole! Warmoth may even be able to build a Tele body with a wraparound bridge! Their Korina is black, not white, which is not a dealbreaker, either! This could be the FrankenTele of my dreams! Now to figure out the pup arrangement and just how deep my savings account goes.... :lol:

sk

Every ONCE in a while there is a Hamer Daytona or T51 neck on evilbay OR look for a late 90s Washburn USA Straty. Looks just like it. Made in Chicago by former Hamer employees that stayed in Chicago and went to Washburn I'm told. :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes: When I read Steve's reply I immediately thought of the Daytona neck I saw a month or so ago and had at the time went NAHHHH! :lol::rolleyes:

I WISH I knew all things Korina. :lol::rolleyes: But thanks for the vote to the throne. :lol:

Edited cause: I ned ta learn how to spell and preview post before posting...... :P

I have a Korina tele that Bill Nash built for me back in 2002. It doesn't have as much snap as a swamp ash Tele but still has it. Pickups are Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. It's a shade warmer than most Teles and the neck pickup tone is superb. It's a very alive and stringy sounding guitar.

Birdeye maple neck, Rosewood board, jumbo frets, compensated brass saddles.

Not the best pics. They were taken about 4 years ago.

DoloresTele005.jpg

TeleBack.gif

Upon further review...

This may stay in the "dream stage" for a while. I have a very fine sounding and feeling T-51 that does everything I need from it. I still have the hots for the Talladega Pro, so I may just focus my energy on that instead.

Thanks to all for the help/advice/suggestions! This project may end up on the back burner for now, but I doubt it will ever go away! :rolleyes:

sk

Check Musikrafft for a nice "White" Korina Tele body. They do great work, are easy to work with on custom orders and aren't as expensive as Warmoth.

Archived