Hamer Fan Club Message Center

EVERYBODY POST SOME SPECIAL PICS!!!

1075979810444_four_green_Specials_4.jpg

The green collection. Fairly rare translucent green and metallic green 90's Specials and the one I wish I still had - an '82 trans green that I actually bought for $350.00.

In 1999.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1981 Bought it new from Coyles Music just north of OSU campus.

th_cimg5532.jpg

81Special-3.jpg

th_81Special.jpg

Glad this thread got resurrected. I had no toy to post last run through. My much-posted player-condition '80, the day I got the BCR case:

P2110033.jpg

Since the photo I have put the pickups back in the way I received it (zebra to bridge) as it seems to sound better that way. It remains one of the best sounding solid body guitars I have ever played. If it had a bigger neck and a rounder 10" or 12" fretboard radius I'd probably sell every other guitar I own.

If anyone has another pair of these Hamer/DiMarzios at a reasonable price, PM me - they might fix a Gibson problem I have...

Edited to correct the photo link.

Here are 3 of my 5. These 3 are not for sale. I will be posting the other two for sale soon as I get around to taking pics.

100_1046.jpg

100_1042.jpg

WhiteSpecial.jpg

A more modern classic! Photo and guitar courtesy of BCRGreg, in case that wasn't obvious :D

Guitarsehtrees-1.jpg

OMFG, that is unbelievably hot! Absolutely stunning guitar! I would love to hear the story behind the genesis of that beauty.

Here is my old '80 that I had purchased from a pro player. Gone now to a fella in Joisey.

P4190082.jpg

DEMENTED thanks man, this is a real keeper I played it for 2 hrs sat night a real wonderful guitar .Frets are gettin a littla low ....OH GREGG

Here is my old '80 that I had purchased from a pro player. Gone now to a fella in Joisey.

P4190082.jpg

DEMENTED thanks man, this is a real keeper I played it for 2 hrs sat night a real wonderful guitar .Frets are gettin a littla low ....OH GREGG.....BTW OH YEAH IM FROM SOUTH JERSEY THERE IS A DIFFERENCE

Here is mine. Before everyone gets upset, I bought this one with a poorly repaird broken headstock and it was pretty beat before I started modifying it. I has pickups from a 50's Kay Thin Twin and a Harmony Stratotone. It sounds really like a 50's guitar but I get the modern Hamer playability. It is an 80's guitar I believe. It has an ink serial number.

DSCN5465.jpg

DSCN5471.jpg

Archived