Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Phantom GT wanted

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question:

Were there ever any Phantom GT models with 2 knobs, like the one thats listed on ebay? IIRC, they only

had 1 knob. The ebay Phantom GT has 2. Also, in his General discussion post, he stated that he had switched the pickguard

out, to the present one. The pics I can find of Tipton's GT back in the Defenders Of The Faith Tour era, (which I got to attend :D) , when the GT model

was first introduced to the buying public, has only one knob.

I'm not calling the guy out by any means, but could it be a regular Phantom with

a GT pickguard, maybe covering a front pickup hole? Maybe some later models came with 2 knobs? I dunno.

Whether it's Yes or No, its still a very nice looking guitar.

That's a GT. I had a black GT with 2 knobs. I think it was modded and this one likely is as well.

That's a GT. I had a black GT with 2 knobs. I think it was modded and this one likely is as well.

I agree. somethin a lil stinky about this one.

a. not good detailed pics

b. too much coin.

c. vauge descrip.

d. a whole lotta crap

b. too much coin.

c. vauge descrip.

d. a whole lotta crap

Why would you say a whole lotta crap? The guitar is a GT. No route under the guard. The 2nd knob seems to be original. I removed the electronics plate and nothing looks modded.

I have heard some GT's had a tone knob too.

b. too much coin.

c. vauge descrip.

d. a whole lotta crap

Why would you say a whole lotta crap? The guitar is a GT. No route under the guard. The 2nd knob seems to be original. I removed the electronics plate and nothing looks modded.

I have heard some GT's had a tone knob too.

Where did you hear that from? They were standard with one. Very easy to convert to a second knob- the job on the one I had was very well done, but not original.

Why would you say a whole lotta crap?

I appolagize. out of angst I had lashed out. I was anticipating a more detailed, indepth, picture layden posting, and i cannot come to an honest conclusion that the guitar is worth the BIN with the vauge information provided. I am in the market for a Phantom GT like yours, I just need "more" for that kind of coin.

Check the pot codes on both. That'll probably tell you if it is original or not. If they match and are in synch with the vintage of the guitar, it's a better chance it came from the factory that way. If they don't match, or if one is a later date, probably aftermarket.

Check the pot codes on both. That'll probably tell you if it is original or not. If they match and are in synch with the vintage of the guitar, it's a better chance it came from the factory that way. If they don't match, or if one is a later date, probably aftermarket.

And be sure that they're both marked "Hamer". The one I had had a Hamer volume pot and a non-branded tone.

There was a banished board member that had a few of them. If anyones got his e-mail for you that might be a good place to look. I know I saw one or two of his on ebay not too long back.

Here's a pic of one I sold him.

gt800.jpg

damm, thats just a ssexxy bitch.

Archived