Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Newport Appreciation Thread

Sam

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its me, sorry! Kriz confused me with his last post.

So let me get this right.

So theres only a total of five. They never actually made it into production. Thats a shame. How many were bound?

Plate "must" have been to fool with the electronics. I mean thats the spot? Why else would you put that their but for ease of electronic placement and repairs or to redesign the controls? Sure beats snaking electroncs with Fishing Line when your not positive what your controls are?

One more thing, getting back to the Bigsby lift plate. Are they used on the Monaco III?

Maybe its me, sorry! Kriz confused me with his last post.

So let me get this right.

So theres only a total of five. They never actually made it into production. Thats a shame. How many were bound?

Plate "must" have been to fool with the electronics. I mean thats the spot? Why else would you put that their but for ease of electronic placement and repairs or to redesign the controls? Sure beats snaking electroncs with Fishing Line when your not positive what your controls are?

Krisz posted that Jol said there was a center block in those models. If that's the case - mystery solved.

I'm sending you a PM.

One more thing, getting back to the Bigsby lift plate. Are they used on the Monaco III?

They sure are! Works like a charm.

• 1 year later...

wow, never noticed this thread before. Guess I gotta contribute! Mine is an orange sparkle '00 that I picked up a year or so ago from a poster on the HFC. It's not pristine, has some dings, chips, dents on the body. Nothing major, but enough to give it character. I had it fret dressed and set up, and it's just a killer guitar. even my guitar teacher comments on how awesome it sounds, even when it's not plugged in.

newport1.jpg

newport3.jpg

And here is one a friend from the carvin museum forum owns:

MesaNewport1.jpg

MesaNewport2.jpg

MesaNewport3.jpg

MesaNewport4.jpg

MesaNewport5.jpg

MesaNewport6.jpg

MesaNewport7.jpg

Just a regular Newport here. Still, for me, best sounding guitar I have ever played. It's Phatcats and Bigsby all the way I say. I've never really warmed up to humbuckers. Love tremolo.

IMG_3409copy.jpg

Mine is crying to be played again. Currently, I'm hooked up to my Tally. The Newport sure comes next. Typically, I play one guitar and amp for a couple of weeks until it gets boring and desire for a change comes through.

I've had a photo posted somewhere before. Here's another one from the same set.

RDKak6VGiqKR9frLcvAfeVRJq.jpg

Those Tobacco Burst finishes are the classiest ever! A local shop had a new one that I just had to go drool over, and they look even better in person than in photos, and they look GREAT in photos. Boy would I love to have one with P-90s in it.

Here are a couple more of my orange sparkle. The color almost shows properly in these. I swapped out the black trim for creme and clear.

DSCF1217.jpg

DSCF1203-1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Had this one a while--- sportin Double Dees -- a real jumpin tone machine .IMG_0283.jpgIMG_0286.jpg

My korina in action :

Both very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Damnit this may be the best Modern Hamer. I'm itching for a Maple TOP with buckers. My Studio is a machine of its own and my Old Standard was a great ride. But once you plug into a newport and then switch out guitars to another, everything else seems thin.

Archived