Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Newport Appreciation Thread

Sam

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newports are cool. Just missed an NOS NEW90 by a few weeks.

Conrad's NEW90 is just a cut above for me partly because I really love a wraparound bridge. The white p90 covers really pop on her.

Conrad, if it is not too much trouble, would you be so kind as to post some glamour shots of her.

I joined the club yesterday. WHY THE HELL DID I WAIT SO LONG?!?

I can't wait to really explore this thing.

Where the hell are our pictures?

Too busy playing it.

Rocko - Hell yeah.

Goldtop Hamer Newport (word on the street is that it belonged to a KMC rep in Texas...).

TVJones Classictrons, Tom Anderson Bigsby mod, Faber locking bridge. Thinking of adding an "Atkins Bigsby bar", as the standard bar is a bit too far away from where l pick.

What a great-sounding instrument. The spruce/mahogany combo in this guitar is great. Compressed/sustain-ey at the same time. A great substitute for my Nippon-Gretsch Tennessee Rose, which was way too big a guitar for my stature.

Newport_TVJones_zps54e87c0c.jpg

Ooooh that's harsh.

It's supposed to be sunny this Sunday. You gotta have sun to make the sparkle pop. Soon enough? But here's a pic of one that looks just exactly like it............

_DSC6770_zps607cd78e.jpg

.....except mine's more orange. And sparkly. With a Bigsby. And Phat Cats. And chrome hardware. And less switches.

But otherwise identical.

Add this one to the mix:attachicon.gifBest Files 2-26-2012 035.JPGattachicon.gifBest Files 2-26-2012 099.JPGattachicon.gifBest Files 2-26-2012 031.JPGWhy the hell did I wait so long to post these pictures?!?!?And yea,this guitar kicks .........butt.

That is fantastic.

I got this one from the owner of LaVonne's in Savage, MN. Custom Newport - Trans red, spruce, ebony board, no Bigsby.

file_zps646de780.jpg

Phat Cats, no Bigsby, Ebony?! Perfection.

+1

Ooooh that's harsh.

It's supposed to be sunny this Sunday. You gotta have sun to make the sparkle pop. Soon enough? But here's a pic of one that looks just exactly like it............

_DSC6770_zps607cd78e.jpg

.....except mine's more orange. And sparkly. With a Bigsby. And Phat Cats. And chrome hardware. And less switches.

But otherwise identical.

Love it. It was posted and bought while I was at band practice. Right, so there you have it. Out actually using the damn things and missing out on acquiring more. I should be righteous and superior, but I think I would rather have that guitar.

Love it. I was posted and bought while I was at band practice. Right, so there you have out. Out actually using the damn things and missing out on acquiring more. I should be righteous and superior, but I think I would rather have that guitar.

If it were me, I'd totally go with the righteous superiority.

But otherwise identical.

Wow - I can totally see it in my mind! It sounds lovely. You missed ebony and crowns though, but I already made the mental adjustment for that.

Goldtop Hamer Newport (word on the street is that it belonged to a KMC rep in Texas...).

TVJones Classictrons, Tom Anderson Bigsby mod, Faber locking bridge. Thinking of adding an "Atkins Bigsby bar", as the standard bar is a bit too far away from where l pick.

What a great-sounding instrument. The spruce/mahogany combo in this guitar is great. Compressed/sustain-ey at the same time. A great substitute for my Nippon-Gretsch Tennessee Rose, which was way too big a guitar for my stature.

Newport_TVJones_zps54e87c0c.jpg

this is perfect !

Archived