Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Newport Appreciation Thread

Sam

:D Like I wrote in the other thread... It has mini switches. That makes a Floyd Rose mandatory....

....or you can just send it to me for safe keeping. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to take the time to take some good pics, but I snapped this one today after installing the Z90s, which was a pain in the ass but well worth it.

IMG_0520_zps62ddf994.jpg

Don't get me wrong. It's a great score and a hassle to solder anything inside the guitar. But, I always think the Bigsby is missing on the Pros.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Today wasn't the day either. I've missed out on a couple of buys this year alread because if funds. You know what, i'm the better for it and new guitars come along everyday.

I said it once in this thread already, one of the best if not THE best Hamer ever. I was going to purchase and Artist this year but I think I would like to have a Newport with an Ebony Board and a Flame Maple Top instead.

WOW! That siliver sparkle is excellent. As is the goldie with TV Jones! I can't contribute much to this thread other than saying I always wanted an orange Newport!

http://youtu.be/OLY8tl8dvJo

Today wasn't the day either. I've missed out on a couple of buys this year alread because if funds. You know what, i'm the better for it and new guitars come along everyday.

I said it once in this thread already, one of the best if not THE best Hamer ever. I was going to purchase and Artist this year but I think I would like to have a Newport with an Ebony Board and a Flame Maple Top instead.

WOW! That siliver sparkle is excellent. As is the goldie with TV Jones! I can't contribute much to this thread other than saying I always wanted an orange Newport!

http://youtu.be/OLY8tl8dvJo

sounds like a great combo , maple & ebony looks great together & should be very articulate

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow, that's a nice shot. That color really looks good in that lighting. When I was a kid, my pop bought a brand-new '69 Chevy Malibu station-wagon of a similar color. I never knew whether to call it blue or green. I suppose it was a kind of an aqua or turquoise thing. I dig Newports, and that one has a nice style all its own.

I like them !

From back to front:

Newport Pro

Newport 12

Newport Korina

Newport 90

Newport Filtertron

P1150157_zpsj1keuqsl.jpg

Archived