The Newport Appreciation Thread

Sam

It looks like it doen't need more guitar(s) than that. :wub:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, my Newport arrived and I can tell already this one is going to be a favorite.

I look for guitars that are comfortable to play, sound great, and that have an interesting design/aesthetics.

This one has it all!

Crazy, right?

I mean, WHAT a sleeper! I initially dismissed them as just another semi hollow thing. I couldn't have been more wrong.

image.jpg2_zpsgncl2c0h.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsuafm7nhu.jpg

I've said before, Serial's is one of my favorite Newports.

I probably wouldn't send mine off as it is almost flawless. However, after seeing your Newport, I might have a project for Stike- a little swamp ash Partscaster in a natural finish that I think would look nice with a
transparent paint job.

Anyway, the Phat Cats have a nice "chimey" quality to them that I like (a bit of delay was a nice touch). Tonight I'll throw a little distortion at it to see what happens...

my newport is just... awesome. I have to keep it locked away or else I'd only play that guitar, and not any others. Light, great sound, very comfortable.

• 1 month later...

I'm willing to lay it down that the Newport is the Shizznits! I have NEVER owned a guitar then moved the guitar down the road, played another one and was more impressed the second time than I was the first. WOW.

Now look at that. Every single one of them impresses more than another. Where else will you find something like that these days?

• 2 weeks later...

I got this one from a Gear Pager. I don't know who did the mods (tailpiece/WCR Darkbursts), but it cooks!!!

I believe our very own BadgerDave did that one!

Here's one I had for a while. Nice guitar, but I couldn't get use to the pickup selector location and my Studio Custom was bit better-suited to my needs. Thank you.

NewportNoFlash.jpg

-Austin

Wow, that one is sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told by Kim this the last Newport Hamer made (of any type). I have no way to confirm this other than his word. This was a custom order that a dealer had to cancel and walked on. I think they went OOB and closed up shop?

I also have no build sheet for it since this was purchased out of their warehouse not too long before Hamer closed.

This Newport 90 is unbelievably nice in every aspect - honestly a stunning guitar. It is everything everyone has already said in previous posts and then some (at least to me).

Gretsch factory colors: light mint green front with dark green back and neck, cream custom pickguard and PU's with bound neck and headstock.

ee0c42fc-6407-4c7f-8e87-cd09a0445b71_zps

Michael - yes you are first in line on the dibs list for it.

I know you have my address, but if you guys ever come up here to visit ~ you gotta promise you'll stay clear of all of my neighbors pools! :D

• 6 months later...

Archived