Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Newport Appreciation Thread

Sam

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are mine :

hamerkorinaverkleind.jpg

It's the one from the 2000-2003 Hamer catalogues.

Goes on tour twice a year with Guy Forsyth

forsyth2007048.jpg

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=4RX5fMFcTf8

This one stays with Alphonso - my oldests boyfriend - a better player than I ever will be.

newport001.jpg

I got this one from a Gear Pager. I don't know who did the mods (tailpiece/WCR Darkbursts), but it cooks!!!

I believe our very own BadgerDave did that one!

Here's one I had for a while. Nice guitar, but I couldn't get use to the pickup selector location and my Studio Custom was bit better-suited to my needs. Thank you.

NewportNoFlash.jpg

-Austin

This one stays with Alphonso - my oldests boyfriend - a better player than I ever will be.

newport001.jpg

Which burst is this? Is it Jazz or Tabacco as it was done around Y2K, or is it a differnt colour altogether? Bursted on the back too?

Thanks to the folks at Workshoplive.com, this one came home with me in October 2006, never ever to roam...:

newport-1.jpg

newport-3.jpg

newport-4a.jpg

Love this thing!!! The guys in New Hartford must've as well -- They used it in the 2007 catalog as the Newport model shot...

Newport Pro in Orange Sparkle, as nature intended:

Newport_Full_Front_1.jpg

Dramatic lighting courtesy the afternoon sun through a window. Artsy backdrop courtesy my old shower curtain.

Guest pirateflynn

I have two, one spruce top in natural and a maple top in black. Here's the black one.......one of my most used guitars.

IMG_0186.jpg

Wow, I love the look of your Germino! Which model is it?

Which burst is this? Is it Jazz or Tabacco as it was done around Y2K, or is it a differnt colour altogether? Bursted on the back too?

It's a '99, I was told Tobacco burst over spruce and the back is bursted too.

newport002.jpg

Just a very good sounding basic Newport.

newport-1.jpg

Love this thing!!! The guys in New Hartford must've as well -- They used it in the 2007 catalog as the Newport model shot...

Ha! it is too.

newport_series1.jpg

There are some great Newports in this thread so far - Pirate's always makes me weak at the knees! :P Anybody got a Classictron in the fanclub family, or are they all in unknown hands?

755500-2.jpg

Guest pirateflynn

Wow, I love the look of your Germino! Which model is it?

That head is the Club 40. The cab has 2 Heritage G12M's. That guitar and amp combination is outstanding.

Awesome!

Newport Pro in Orange Sparkle, as nature intended

I guess as the internal pre-production name for the Newport was Swingabilly, orange sparkle was indeed the natural choice. :P

here's my spruce topped blackie and florence, the 12er.

identical-cousins.jpg

Black over Spruce? I thought black was reserved for maple tops- must be rare! Love the both of em.

Naughty of me to double post, but.... :P

Despite USPS's/ Oz post's incompetence, my Tiger Newport has arrived unscathed (left at the door no less!) Tone report later- playing to be done presently! :P

That's Washed Ice'd Tea by the way. The colour looks a little more subtle in the flesh- amazing burst.

tigernewportwk7.jpg

I like it :)

Left at the door ????, over here we have to sign off for everything, even for a CD.

Archived