Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Toggle Switch won't stay put

well, if you have a switch and it's sticking, remove it and bend the tangs out a little, you'll see once it's removed , sometimes the new tangs are too stiff, of course if you have the revesre problem w/ and old switch, bend the tangs back into place

I guess technically it's a Special. I can't imagine not having the neck pickup on this beast.

I saw that one for sale on The Gear Page. Very cool but I just couldn't imagine spending an extra $700 to get a body made from Korina rather than mahogany. Am I missing something here?

From what I understand, the magic in the Jr. is the extra wood where the neck pickup would be. Is that right?

Personally, I love Specials - both good Gibbys and Hamers.

The Korina guitars seem to hold their value so it's all good. The regular specials are a great value for sure if you can find one that doesn't have that goofy Hamer finish issue around the neck.

Doesn't Korina had a little more snap to it than regular Mahogany?

NICE guitar!! I need a neck pickup on my guitars too....and I love wraparound bridges. I think that "snap" that you're thinking of comes from the bridge setup. I never could detect a noticeable tonal difference between reg mahogany and korina.... they're almost the same wood.

The Korina guitars seem to hold their value so it's all good. The regular specials are a great value for sure if you can find one that doesn't have that goofy Hamer finish issue around the neck.

Doesn't Korina had a little more snap to it than regular Mahogany?

Oh yeah, no question about the Korina guitars holding value. Pretty remarkable really. But I'm more of a utility guy so I'm curious about the difference in sound and playability. I think the Korina looks cooler than the mahogany finishes for sure.

Another quick fix for the toggle is to unscrew the switch tip a few threads. That gives it a little bit more travel and allows it to "stick" if the tangs are compressed too much.

Korina seems to hold its value better on just about all Hamer models except for the single pickup Juniors (not what you have-yours is pretty unique as far as I can tell). On the Juniors, the mahogany ones seem to sell used for more than a new korina one is going for, but that might be because there are only a dozen or so of those out there (and every one that I'm aware of is a spectacular instrument) where the korina one is a "production" item.

I don't know I think there are more Mahogany one's out there than 12. as for Korina Juniors there were pretty scarce as well before Hamer made them a stock model. I like your new version special There are a couple of them out there that I know of including at least one in Mahogany. Juniors in both flavors and a duotone thrown in for good measure.

http://www.hamermusuem.com/Collections/alpep_TortiseShellGang1.jpg]http://www.hamermusuem.com/Collections/alp...eShellGang1.jpg

Archived