Hamer Fan Club Message Center

$4700 for a Cali?

BillW

I saw that this morning, and no, it's not worth close that (IMO)

-Austin

PS. I'm not familiar with SuperTramp (heard of 'em, but couldn't name a song by them), so I checked 'em out on Wikipedia. Holy Shit! I always though Give a Little Bit was an REO Speedwagon song!

On the 'Bay (sorry I didn't grab the link to the auction)

Does that seem right? Is that what they actually go for ?

I mean - I know they're worth whatever someone will pay ...but are they that rare?

From SAM (from ''Help value my Chaparral" on the forum)

this is the link for that 4700 cali referenced (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hamer-Californian-Elit...id=p3286.c0.m14

Hey guys this is the ad I am referencing in my post in this forum about valuing my 86

USA Chaparral. I would have a USA Hamer (set neck). I think

the cherry red one and the pearl blue (similar paint to my chaparral) are nicer looking

and priced closer to reality after reading the posts I got about my chaparral. But there is

still no chaparral prices to reference on ebay/net.

Please see my post in the forum and pics which I am trying to update right now.

the forum heading for mine titled: Need help with value of my 1986 Hamer Chaparral Custom USA

(or similar to this wording)

Thanks for your post ! SAM

I saw that this morning, and no, it's not worth close that (IMO)

-Austin

PS. I'm not familiar with SuperTramp (heard of 'em, but couldn't name a song by them), so I checked 'em out on Wikipedia. Holy Shit! I always though Give a Little Bit was an REO Speedwagon song!

I was thinking of their song, Crime Of The Century, with the price on that guitar. I mean it's a nice one, but $4,700 nice? Jeez....

You were better off knowing as little as possible about that shit band.

RE Supertramp, the bleating voice of "singer" Roger Hodgson was the main reason I didn't care much for them. After he left, they did a terrific song with a great horn chart called "Cannonball" (and there was a video for it, IIRC). Check that one out---it's a very good tune with some nice hooks. Honest.

seller just got 350$ offer.

That advert is a example of the exact thing I didn't want my family to do or get scammed.

Thanks again for eveyones help with my chaparral value and the sticker value too! SAM

Thats not a very fair offer someone made (the ebay guitar ad not the rock band) But that is the kind of stuff you get thrown at you when you price something 2x the price of similar calis/guitars on the page. The cherry red is the same year or very close the aution price (30 bidders) for it were well over 1100 last I

checked and then there is the one for 4700.00. I would buy the cherry red one for 1200+ if I had the money.

It looks new. That person must have their eye on something expensive to let that guitar go (red one).

The seller is not only setting a totally unrealistic price for that guitar (hoping to troll in some grossly uninformed buyer?), but he's also creative with his "facts".

Good luck to him selling it anytime in the near future. Next few years, at that price, actually.

You were better off knowing as little as possible about that shit band.

Ya know, I was driving through NW Indiana a few years back and I saw a "Breakfast in America" cassette lying on the road.... :lol:

Archived