Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Steve Stevens resto! Finished pics 06/08//09

BONEDADYO

Very cool - great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's been a LONG time!!! Lot of changes going on in my life (all good ones!) but I've finally found the time to finish this project. The results were well worth the wait.

Here it is...

100_0968.jpg

100_0967.jpg

100_0970.jpg

100_0969.jpg

100_0986.jpg

100_0985.jpg

I was even able to replicate the original serial in the correct font & color!

Enjoy!

That F'ing rocks!!! One of the coolest restorations I've seen!

100_0984.jpg

100_0983.jpg

100_0982.jpg

100_0979.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0975.jpg

I've owned & handled other SS1's before, but this one is an oddball. The neck is much more deep & the pitch of the set neck is more straight. Overall, it feels more like a Prototype than the production SS. Because of the serial, I think this had to be a real early one. The Floyd sits much closer to the body as a result of the neck pitch. I would to give thanks to Peter Fung , Greg G., Kim Keller, & Serial Steve, for all your help, parts & support. And special thanks thanks to everyone here on the board who gave a kind word. This was truly a labor of love & your support helped me keep chugging along!

That is F-ing awesome! Really nice work! Glad to hear things in your life are going well too.

Had a question for you. What is the pole spacing on the pickups? I am replacing mine and was just double checking. When I meausre the pole spacing on the pickups in the guitar right now they seem to narrow for the strings.

Thanks and, again, great job!!!

Eric

Wow! Awesome work u did there! Hey, I'll be in Vegas next week, any gigs? I wanna see that bad boy in action!

I'm leaving for Phoenix on Thu. No gigs next week... It's been REALLY bad out here!

Great job on that one - nice work!

• 1 year later...

Wow! Awesome work u did there! Hey, I'll be in Vegas next week, any gigs? I wanna see that bad boy in action!

I'm leaving for Phoenix on Thu. No gigs next week... It's been REALLY bad out here!

Hi,

I just got my SS1 back from the painter and thought I would share some pictures with you.

Before

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

After

GEDC0306.jpg

GEDC0304.jpg

GEDC0307.jpg

I have a chance at getting another SS1, in really bad shape, how did you make the Hamer/Steve Stevens logo for the headstock?

The one I may be getting has a pretty much destroyed logo on it.

Thanks

Paul

Very nice work!

It also may have been cool to have had an airbrush artist paint the red buttons and switch for the ray gun on it.

Archived